How would you like to see this while fishing?

seen that before in oswego not a pretty site. we started pulling up rig and all the sudden on the last rig as i'm grabbing the rod to pull it out of the release bang fish on. i tighten up the drag and cranked the fish in. never even put fish or rods away. throttled up the boat and we took off for shore. got all the way in and the funnels went away.

We have even seen a couple here on Lake Champlain and just like Jason pulled lines threw everything in the bottom of the boat and headed for cover. They just seem to come out of nowhere and when it came at us it scared the bejezzus out of me.

Pat

I saw one a few years back while I was trolling off of Nine Mile. It was headed the opposite way, so I stood my ground, but was prepared to pull everything and head in if it changed course. One boat wasn't so lucky, though. One second, the boat is stationary, the next he was hauling you-know-what to outrun it! Got a cool picture of the whole event. I'll try to scan it and upload it here.

We had one come down about a half mile from us last year pre fishing the Sodus Pro-am in front of Fair Haven. Had to go into Fair Haven for the thunderstorms and when we came back out there it was. Its an awsome sight to see.

A number of years ago we were well offshore from the Genny when one formed between us and land. It was clear skies overhead with a thin line of low dark clouds near shore. From the time it took shape, touched down and dissappeared back into the clouds was maybe 5-10 minutes. It certainly had our full attention!

Bill

Saw a very similar event on Lake O while fishing west out of Oswego a number of years ago. I think we were near Fairhaven while fishing that day and they were a ways off in the distance. They kept disappearing then dropping down ...back and forth. We called 'em the twin sisters.