Canadice scratching the itch

Freshwater- trolled a dipsy with a spoon, stick bait on an inline board and a spoon on lead core. Then jigged with a jig and plastic Ended up 1/3 with one small lakers and 2 other hits on the dipsey. Gave up trolling because the leaves and debris were a pain. Jigged for about an hour and got 2 big smallmouths 5-6# and another 6-7# laker.

And wayne, the coldwater reels aren't worth the money in my opinion, The counter on this one only works when going out and if you change the drag setting you have to pull some line out in order for the new tension level to kick in. I have cheap magda pro's and cabelas depthmasters that I have more faith in.

Edited by zackblain

Freshwater- trolled a dipsy with a spoon, stick bait on an inline board and a spoon on lead core. Then jigged with a jig and plastic Ended up 1/3 with one small lakers and 2 other hits on the dipsey. Gave up trolling because the leaves and debris were a pain. Jigged for about an hour and got 2 big smallmouths 5-6# and another 6-7# laker.

Zack,

Which rig did you catch on and how deep?    Nice rod holder, what is it?    Was there still snow on the ramp?

Jack

Edited by freshwatermodels

regular size dipsey on 30# powerpro back 140 on a 1.5 setting, regular sized stinger spoon glow color. Rod holders are the cabelas quick draws and cradle styles. They work well for my student budget. Ramp was wide open, and they usually plow it when it snows as well

Zack,  Thanks!    The other day when I was at C the ramp was plowed but still snow covered.   Looked intimidating to me even with my RAV 4  4WD since that is a steep lane up to the main road.  Jack