Seneca Saturday

Charged the batteries while cleaning barns. It was getting dark as we finally got to getting the bass rods,etc out of the boat and fumbled around with the canopy and the trolling gear. Got the winter cover strapped on, hitched up and we're ready to head out in the am!

Had to work for them today. Only got 2 on the same rig ( slide diver pulling

ss nascar spoon. Rest of the good ones were spread across a 2 color core, 40' rigger, 6 color core, and a flat line w/ 2oz snap weight. We fished from Watkins N about 3 miles with one try at the East side. Fish came from 65 to 350 FOW. Screen looked great when we quit at 2pm- typical! Texted back n forth with Big Water and there were a few other boats out there enjoying a gorgeous day on the water.

Texted back n forth with Big Water and there were a few other boats out there enjoying a gorgeous day on the water.

Andy sent me to school today about Seneca.  Only had four on and only landed two of those all day (licking my wounds).  Thought I was throwing the kitchen sink at them, but must have had the wrong sink.

Well don't get too  down about it...it is the nature of the beast. Seneca can be very "on and off". I've fished it my entire life and there have been times when no matter what I did  or what I threw at them they just wouldn't cooperate....and that goes for pretty much for any time of the year....it just isn't fast and furious all the time out there...but it is great when it is :)  just makes us more "determined" next time out.