Saratoga Springs area ICE?

Patriot

Anyone icefish around that area?

A weird request from my cousins kids. Icefishing is on their bucket list and asked me to take them icefishing. They live in Saratoga Springs but I've never icefished that area.

Any tip for Saratogs Lake or nearby waters?

Thanks in advance

Greg

I live close by and people are fishing Saratoga lake now but the ice isn't that thick yet but should be by the weekend.  If you fish the weedbeds at Saratoga in the northeast corner and south end with tipups the kids should have good action with pickerel and bass.  Another good place that has better ice now is Moreau Lake state park just north of Saratoga and that is well stocked with rainbow trout.  You can keep trout all year and fishing with tipups and small minnows there might get a few flags.  The Great Sacandaga isn't far and also has good ice now and is a good bet for walleye and some perch and Schroon lake to the north is good for lakers.  Check out iceshanty.com for more info. 

I have been fishing Cossayuna Lake in Argyle NY with some good crappie action in the evenings. The Ice is about 5-6 inches but will definately get thick this week.  There are also alot of pike and bass in that lake that are fairly easy to find.  The little lake has never let me down as I rarely get skunked.