Seneca 12/28/13 Brown

Launched late Saturday around 12:40. My wife gets the award for being a trooper and going with me. Figured we would do a six rod set with the idea in mind that we would stick to a high speed troll (2.9 to 3.5 sog) for salmon browns and maybe a bow.... Well went 1 for 3 with this one nice brown hitting a FLT alpha alewife on ten color lead core off an inline. Water was 41.5 degrees and the sun was out making for a relaxing beatuiful afternoon on Seneca. Nice meeting you Sutton 44  like your LUND, pretty boat.   Happy New Year All!!!! 

post-150622-0-29458200-1388334443_thumb.jpg

Sweet Nautitroller! You are also a lucky man to have a wife who will brave the elements with you...mine would only do so if it were a Bill's game :lol: Nice brown wish I could have been out there too......but here is my excuse :)  Nice going.

post-145411-0-72546200-1388335564_thumb.jpg

Fished from my Targa I store it in my garage ready to go at a moments notice as long as the driveway is clear :)  Les next time I go I will let ya know, I would look forward to having you in the boat to critique my fishing, I am sure open to learning from a pro :) , but I have a feeling the winter is setting in for a while!

Nautitroller -That would be great....love to get out whenever I can. Thanks for the compliment but I don't think you need critiquing from anyone :)  Looks as though this cold weather coming up will put a damper on  the open water fishing but....ice fishing should be happening any day now at least on Honeoye. If that holds up for awhile it can help  the situation for a bit.....but I always miss trolling too. I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of my old 13 ft. Whaler...it was the perfect winter fishing boat and saw a lot of snow storms and ice crunching on Seneca :lol:  Tight lines. Les

Edited by Sk8man

Come on guys the winter fishing is just picking up little salt on the ramp and good to go! The last trip out was cold enough to make the pulleys on riggers freeze up in a matter of minutes twilly tips on the wire rods became solid ice the boat had fish packed in snow like a ice chest and the launch ramp had 6 inches of snow on it when we got back and Saturday I was ready to fish in a tshirt!!!!

I think brown is correct. When you magnify the pic the upper jaw does not go past the rearward part of the eye but is at the end of it and it looks as though the spots aren't throughout the tail (although they don't show up well on the photo and the angle of the dorsal looks more like that of a brown and I think the tail appears more forked than it is because of the position of it. The spot patterning does look much as the landlocks. Where are the fisheries folks?  :lol:  Kevin :) :smile:

Edited by Sk8man

With out seeing it, t falls launch is 50/50. The ice at the south end is up further then I have seen it in many years and it was very cold. I have been there when there is just a narrow passage at the launch after a big cold snap. <br />

<br />

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app<br />

<br />