Hook Replacement

I've been using Mustad SINGLE stainless steel  (3x or 5x strength) Siwash salmon hooks for well over 40 years or so and they are hard to beat. Over time I've replaced them on well over at least a thousand spoons and never had one bend or break on a fish and I've never lost any fish to "hook failure" with them (mainly just impatience and incompetence ) :lol: I don't replace the trebles on many of my stickbaits because of the balance issue.

Edited by Sk8man

My replacement hook is VMC 8540BN. Discovered the hook while i was trying to eliminate the "hodge podge" of replacement hooks on the boat. Now everything on the boat has them. Spoons, plugs, sticks, flies, meat rigs. Premium hook that wont break the bank. Chemically sharpened, cone cut, vanadium steel, black nickel finish. available in all sizes. Extremely sharp out the box and reasonably easy to resharpen.

I just finished replacing trebles (per the Sk8ers advice) with 1/0 Mustad siwash hooks on my Bladerunner 44s and Sutton 31s.   I am looking at my Sutton 61s and the 1/0 hook looks way too big.   Does anyone make a smaller siwash hook in 1 and/or 2 sizes?

• 2 weeks later...