Fair Haven Challenge

The last ten years have been a fun ride but the event has out grown the staff. I am searching for some one or a group to take over the weigh in portion of the event. This is not a help with or I'll be available after...??? type of position.

It assumes total responsibility of the scales including; becoming familiar with the equiptment we have or procuring better, set up of scales prior to event, opening scales promply at designated time, cut off to line up, presenting statistion with clear acurate information, and clean up of station after the event.

We need to fill this job (it requires at least two people, 3 is better) or there may not be an event in 2014.

If interested e-mail me at [email protected]

One of our great east end tournament events.Werner has worked very hard to support this tournament and needs some help. We can't let this one die guys!! It's a great time of the season and perhaps some folks will step up and assist?

Werner,

Perhaps some donations for a new scale system is something to be considered. If so I'll donate $50.

Edited by troubles

I understand where Werner is coming from. It takes so much to put one of these tourneys together and it's always the same couple of people that do it. It is one of the best on the lake, and We all hope a few people come forward to give that crew a hand.

Capt Rich

Can any one help? Otherwise we could loose one of the East end tournaments. I really love this tournament but a lot of help is needed and so few have done it for so many years.

I hope some one can step forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This a shame Werner. People do not understand what it takes to run these events, it only takes a little help from a few people, but no one wants to step up. It is a sad day in the Challenge history, this is the starting even which has brought us 3 of the best events to ever hit this lake. I hope some people step up before it is too late!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's too bad that Screwie Louie's doesn't run this event. He is right there and all of the potential income it would bring his shop. It would be a shame for the FHC to die off like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nemesis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The tournament is on. Entrys available at Screwy Louie's. Date is August 23rd.

Rules and Regulations

1. This derby shall commence on August 23, 2014 at 6:00 a.m. and conclude on August 23, 2014 at 2:00 p.m.

2. The eligible fish species are Chinook Salmon, Coho Salmon, Brown Trout, Steelhead, Lake Trout, and Atlantic Salmon. Only 6 fish may be entered, any fish may be released immediately when caught but MAY NOT BE RELEASED once the fish has been added to the “coolerâ€. A maximum of 3 Lake Trout may be entered.

3. All winners must be present to receive prizes.

4. Participants must be officially registered by August 22, 2014.

5. Teams may enter and exit from any port in Cayuga, Oswego, or Wayne County on Lake Ontario. Participants shall abide by the fishing regulations of the Department of Transport Small Boat Safety Regulations, and all Municipal by-laws, and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.

6. Any participant not abiding by these rules shall be punished by automatic forfeiture of the Tournament.

7. Only your 6 largest fish are to be weighed in at Village Pavilion, Cayuga St., Fair Haven NY. No additional fish, ice or water shall be in the cooler or the team will be disqualified.

8. All fish entered must be legally hooked on legal angling tackle

9. All participants shall present their Tournament tickets when weighing in their fish. NO EXCEPTIONS. All entries must be at the weight station no later that 3:00PM. A participant may weigh-in fish in other derbies depending on other derby/tournament rules and regulations.

10. All data recorded by the weigh master on the official weigh-in form shall be final.

11. Winner will be determined by a point system with 10 points per fish, and 1 point per pound. Ties will be decided by biggest fish in order. If there are any disputes, the participants shall abide by the final decision of the derby judges.

12. Participants of this derby compete at their own risk.

13. All prize winners shall be responsible for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, which are applicable to the prize(s) won.

14. Each participant, by paying the entry fee, acknowledges that he/she has read, understands and will abide by the rules of this derby, and agrees that failure to comply with any of the rules will result in immediate disqualification, forfeiture of all prizes.

15. In the event that the tournament should be canceled due to small craft advisory prior to the 6am start time, the event will be held on the 24th of August.

Good job Team Finders Keepers, way to step up :yes:   I didn't read this thread till just now, but if I had I woulda helped out. We aren't really tournament fishin this year, but we will do this one so if I can lend a hand let me know, but I'm sure you guys got this :)