Orleans County Pro Am CANCELLED!

Here is a copy of the Email:

For the past nine years Orleans County has been honored to host one of four Lake Ontario Trout and Salmon Pro-Am Tournaments. During that time we hope that we have been able to showcase all the wonderful facilities along with a great fishery that is available along our shoreline.

It is with great sadness that we announce today that there will not be a 2014 Orleans County Pro-Am. The reasons are many but the bottom line is that the time has come for this event to, at least, take 2014 off and try to look to the future.

To all of the great teams and individuals that we have been privileged to host over the years, we wish you only the best in other derbies and tournaments that you will participate in for the 2014 season.

Respectfully,

Orleans County Pro-Am Committee

Mike Waterhouse
Sportfishing Coordinator - Tourism

Orleans County
14016 Route 31
Albion, NY 14411
Phone: (585) 589-7000 ext 3103 Fax: (585) 589-8105

Email: [email protected]

Unfortunately that email was a bit premature and ill timed. The ONLY thing that was "confirmed" was that the Orleans tournament would not be partnered with the Niagara event as in years past.

A new tournament committee was formed several months ago and discussions are ongoing with plans to put on an Orleans event in the normal weekend slot.

Expect an announcement soon but DO NOT count the Orleans Pro

Am as "off for 2014"!

Unfortunately that email was a bit premature and ill timed. The ONLY thing that was "confirmed" was that the Orleans tournament would not be partnered with the Niagara event as in years past.

A new tournament committee was formed several months ago and discussions are ongoing with plans to put on an Orleans event in the normal weekend slot.

Expect an announcement soon but DO NOT count the Orleans Pro

Am as "off for 2014"!

:)

Hate to disagree Paul but if the event isn't tied into the same rule format and followed by tournament directors it is no longer considered a pro am event nor will it be tied into any pro am event . Just say in

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hate to disagree Paul but if the event isn't tied into the same rule format and followed by tournament directors it is no longer considered a pro am event nor will it be tied into any pro am event . Just say in

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm really not sure what you're saying Chris. Do you mean to say that unless the Orleans tourney is tied to the Niagara event and uses the same rules and format that it cannot exist?

What happened in Sodus and Oswego last year with their "Pro

Ams"? Did they "not exist" as well?

Honestly Mav I still don't see what you're saying. Nothing has been mentioned about using the copy written rules and format. In fact, I merely stated that there would be a pro am event in Orleans and it would NOT be tied to Niagara. There would, obviously, be no "Cup". However , I can say that there is a LOT of interest in having a "lake wide cup" of some sort that ties in several events.

Like I said.... There will be an event in Orleans county the second week of June.