SOLD - Penn Yan 295 Prowler

Billy V

It's time to sell my Penn Yan and downsize.  I'm going to sell it fully loaded with the following equipment.  This is a serious fishing machine and needs absolutely nothing.

Three Humminbird 1198 head units mounted on the hard top.  They are connected via Ethernet so you can display any info on any unit – sonar, radar, gps, coast pilot, etc.  All are new within the last 24 mos.

Thru-hull 600w 50/200kHz transducer

Humminbird 4kW radar new last year

Depth Raider new in 2013

Three Cannon DT10 TS riggers (The white tournament series).  All new within the last 24 mos

Cannon dual axis rod holders mounted under the riggers

Stainless steel mounting bases

Stainless steel swivel bases

3 Cannon dual axis rod holders mounted on tracks on each side of the gunnels

8 rod rocket launcher

Spreader light

Planer reels, pulleys, & releases

Raymarine ST6002 Auto pilot

Technics AM/FM/CD/MP3 player

Humminbird VHF radio

Recessed net holders

Blue LED lights under each gunnel

Impellers were new two years ago on both engines.  I replaced the lower water pump on the starboard engine last summer and have a spare pump in case the port side ever needs service.  Engines get oil changes every 50 hours.  It has twin 350’s in it with about 2,000 hours on each engine.  They compression tested great last summer and pull really hard.

We buff and wax the hull every fall when it goes in the barn, then we buff and wax the entire boat once it comes out.  It shines like a new boat as it sits in the barn right now.  It’s located near my house here in Ithaca and you can see it with a few days notice.

$39,900  Email me at [email protected] or call me at 607-592-9012.

Boat_zpsb029c4c6.jpg

IMG_0004_zps58f7bcbe.jpg

IMG_1030_zpsddcd146b.jpg

IMG_0080_zps980ab63f.jpg

Edited by Billy V

Hell of a nice boat that's fully rigged and well equipped with top shelf equipment! I would see her when going out and coming in when I launched out of Lansing Park this past year. I think I drooled a few times... Almost ran my boat into the break wall staring! Haha

Good luck in your sale! Just Curious - What year is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I will definitely be sad to see her go but it's time to spend my weekends fishing with my kids and we'd like to be able to head to wherever the fishing is hot instead of being locked down on our lake here.

I should add that we had the stringers professionally re done a couple of years ago and she is solid as can be.

We had some good times on her in Wilson didn't we G Daddy?? :)

Sad to see it leave Myers, Will miss fishing side by side or nose to tail with you in that boat. Somebody is going to get a sweet ride, Good luck selling it and I'm sure your next ride will be just as nice, Yeah going lighter, smaller, means you can go to other ports. FISH-ON!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at several options - Lund Tyee, Starcraft FishMaster, and Hewescraft among them. I really just want to get back into fishing for fun again - and for us that means trout, salmon, walleye, bass, etc. We want to be able to trailer to wherever the fishing is good and spend time on the water with my kids. :)

Edited by Billy V

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agreed, I have purchased used reels from Bill and I presume his boat was treated the same as the reels, top notch.

And if you walked through any boat shows this winter, sticker shock in the form of the intensive labor costs associated with boat building, the cost of petroleum based fiberglass have sent prices skyward again.  

Agreed, I have purchased used reels from Bill and I presume his boat was treated the same as the reels, top notch.

And if you walked through any boat shows this winter, sticker shock in the form of the intensive labor costs associated with boat building, the cost of petroleum based fiberglass have sent prices skyward again.  

Again? It's been that way for a loooooong time now.

• 2 weeks later...