Lund sport track gunwales

Egoody

I'm looking to add traxstech tracks to my 1800 sport angler. Traxstech has some mounting brackets that use the tee slots in the gunwales that the tracks are bolted to. I'm planning to mount a 4 in down rigger riser for the cannon 10 stx's and then 2 Bert's rod holders in a 36 inch long track.

Does anyone have any experience with a system like this? I' m worried that it may not be stiff enough to support the down riggers.

Any info would be great before I spend the money to buy something that I may not be happy with.

Boat Safe

Egoody

Fitzwilliam, NH

My buddy bought the traxtech mounts for his Lund and put 3 rod holders on a track with them. They will hold a dipsey but do not know if it will a downrigger. When you get the brackets they don't look like much but I was impressed with their strength when we mounted them and put the track on

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150820-0-75396100-1389024998_thumb.jpgpost-150820-0-07353100-1389025024_thumb.jpgI tried the Traxstech brackets with Bert's track but didn't like the strength or the fact that they were scraping paint off of my gunnels. They had very sharp edges and some burrs and were real paint removers.

I ended up using some Lund track type down rigger mounts that I modified to fit the Bert's tracks. These are rock solid, easy on the paint and super easy to remove and re-install.

I use Bert's ratchet rod holders on LO and slide them out of the tracks and slide in Folbe's that I mounted to flat aluminum plates that fit into the tracks for Walleye, etc.

Attached are a few pics with the ratchet holders installed.