Need some advice guys

Now the holidays are over I will be looking to take the 5 hr drive out for the Seneca LL's.

The trip will have to be a quick decision as it's all weather dependent and it's gotta happen on a weekend due to work.

Last year I was laid off so I could go when the weather allowed and stayed at my buddys house, rustyrat  (thanks Scott) but this year I am pressed for time and weekends only.

Biggest problem is I will need lodging close to the South End of Seneca and it's got to be able to accommodate my truck and 16 fter.

Hopefully I could leave my gear in the boat and have it still be there the next morning.

I also need to get reservations within a couple days of the trip.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Glen

My hunch is that it would be OK around there but I guess you'd have to evaluate things at the time....that's what I do when I stay at the other end of the lake during the 3 day derby. 

I stayed at the Gorgeous View hotel last trip which is about 1 mile up RT 14 on the west side of the lake.  Real nice people and they gave us a great rate because of the time of year.  The driveway is a little tricky, but I got my 18 1/2' boat up without incident (sharp turn....take the second entrance, much better).  It sits off of the beaten path and I had no issue leaving my tackle in the boat.  That's more than I can say about some of the places I've stayed there.    They even have a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms and brought pastries and juice to the room for the morning meal.  Ask for Stephanie.

(607) 331-4276.

post-146674-0-14954000-1389049627_thumb.png

I stayed at the Gorgeous View hotel last trip which is about 1 mile up RT 14 on the west side of the lake.  Real nice people and they gave us a great rate because of the time of year.  The driveway is a little tricky, but I got my 18 1/2' boat up without incident (sharp turn....take the second entrance, much better).  It sits off of the beaten path and I had no issue leaving my tackle in the boat.  That's more than I can say about some of the places I've stayed there.    They even have a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms and brought pastries and juice to the room for the morning meal.  Ask for Stephanie.

(607) 331-4276.

:yes:

Thanks

Sounds like the kind of place I had in mind

Thanks Nick, I appreciate the offer. However this is going to be a wait and see (weather0 type deal.

Not much time for planning and another fishermen with me. I'd hate to infringe on such short notice.

I'll call you for sure if I got room Scott. I can fit three if the lake isn't to bumpy.

If memory serves me right we did two lakes and close to 100 fish in 2 1/2 days.

I would definitely rate those numbers as a "BLAST". LOL

You been out at all?