Flouro

I looked into it a little more. After further review , My ruling on the field is confirmed. All the things I have experienced ,I now know why.

Flour doesn't stretch.    Not true, it stretchs more than mono. Only problem is it does not stretch back , like mono. So it gets weaker each time it's stressed. Which explains my fly fishing experiences with it. No stretch is good for bass type worm jig as it transmits strikes better.

It is also very dense, which makes it not absorb water & also sink , good for fly fishing egg/nymph types,

It is also abrasion resistant, because it is harder, but not abrasion proof. It fractures& cracks, which weakens it. Kind of breaks like glass. Ever cut a brick w a hammer & chisel? I am not one to retie every time , so this explains my breakoff at the fly. espcially between the two hooks of the tourney rig, has to be major stress there & knots big time. That initial strike on a tight line of dipsey w/ no snubber/ Dude!

It's invisable to fish. Well sort of . it is to a point, how much remains to be determined.  How much does it matter on a flasher fly? I run 65 PP to my dipsey 5-8/ 40# big game to flasher so how much does that 18" + - really mean to the fish 80 or so down from the surface in green water ?   Most underwater video I have seen shows a salmon attacking from the rear , so how much do they see of the leader.

I think the stiffness of the flouro is the most important factor. The rest for the most part under normal conditions is hype.  I will experiment this season w/ some other  options.

Great info! I agree with Sk8man and run the 40# big game off FF, it is cheap and works great! All your research makes sense there is a time and place for floro and for mono.  I run floro on my lead core and it accomplishes its "stealthyness" now that I read this I will change it out more often.  Can't wait to get out again...

If the leader is breaking between the hooks, I'm wondering if the break is caused by the line wrapping around and getting caught between the hooks on the treble. Can you fold the line back to see if the length of line from the break matches the length to the gap between the hooks on the treble? Does that make sense?

http://www.fishdoctorcharters.com/videos/video1Q.html