Salmon trolling

I have been watching vidios of salmon trolling in the Baltic sea.   Its interesting how they do it in Sweden , Finland and Norway.  They are fishing for Alantics and get some nice ones .  One site I read they are allowed 10 rods per person. :o The boats are quite small some look to be 16 or 18' and others are even smaller.  The way they rig the boats is neat also.  Some of the side plainers look to be a square tube with a fin .  I don't know how they can run all the rods they do with out tangling them all up.  The are some vidios on the VK flasher site also.   I did a search on Salmon trolling is Sweden and found this one.  Its a small boat and they triple up.  I am not sure how they got the last one in the third net.  One of the vidios the guys get an Alantic that was over 17 KG thats like 37 #                                                                                                                                                                                                    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItY6BtGUnAc   Salmon trolling in Sweden by Zanderman

These gave me some ideas to try next spring!

I saw that one Jared.   Must be the cold weather they have ,even I can get to a rod quicker than that :lol:   The rigging on some of the small boats is interesting  , several I saw had rocket launchers all around the windsheild and accross the transom.   There was on vidio where the guy was alone in a small inflatable with a 10 hp motor.  That boat couldn't have been 4' wide.  That first vidio, why no one broke a rod or tripped over the nets is a wonder.

Edited by Big Dave