Honeyoe 1/6

dmontesano

Ill be there this afternoon with my girlfriend. We will have a green Eskimo quickflip 2 man shanty and will be on west side across from boat launch. Feel free to stop by and say hello

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good luck guys. I think I'll be traveling light today (sled and bucket approach - no shelter ) so I can move around easier.....my son thinks I'm nuts for doing things "old school" (my clam is still in the cellar) :lol:  Oh well, changed my mind....I'll be in my little yellow and red dome tent (from the 70's) for old times sake....haven't used  it in years

Edited by Sk8man

I just got home...we got there about 9 AM knocked and  off about 5:45 PM....pretty slow today until very late afternoon. We limited out on bass (10) with some smaller ones thrown back and about 30 real nice gills and sunfish- all jigging in various shallow depths (8-15 ft). No walleyes. Sorry I ddidn't get to meet any LOU guys today...there was a hell of a crowd where I was and impossible to sort folks out.

Edited by Sk8man

Fished SW side (right next to sk8man I later found out). The morning was slow but ended up catching a bunch of gills. Jigged up a bass and got another on the tipups. Biggest bluegill was a hair over 10". Also got my biggest pickerel to date, a 29". The perch and walleye were not cooperative today though.

post-149813-13894696728819_thumb.jpg

post-149813-13894697031487_thumb.jpg

Like the others, we didn't hook up with anyone due to the crowd. We should probably arrange to meet next time or something. As for the fishing...we were happy to be there :)

Real slow off Trident in the morning and the bluegill/crappie bite was slow in the afternoon, too. Scott and I did maybe a half a bucket together. We stayed after dark for an hour, but no crappie on the tip downs, either. All of the fish on the camera were REALLY negative.

Lou guys..... Try a whistle signal....or other kind of sound (not overly startling for anyone, but audible). With an agreed upon sound....three long sounds or whatever. Then an agreed upon visual, say a wave of a dark handkerchief or bandana. This could work in a crowd of others to identify one another. Done at a specific time of day, or multiple times to cover for all the different times people get there (or were busy catching fish!), and a virtual relay of LOU'rs meeting on the ice could actually happen...... :thinking: .....use PMs to define the signals......

Sounds like I may have to go to Honeoye next weekend and join the party.Fished Sodus Friday, steady gills few perch. Let me know the secret sound or color :) we could all roll up one pant leg to Id our "gang" lol! Hope to get back out Sunday. 10 in or so of ice on sodus btw

I think I'll just put a piece of orange duck tape on the back of my suit. and on my hut and leave it for the season.... :)

Edited by Sk8man

Not a bad idea at all Les, but the hooting like screech owl idea is pretty funny.... Keep changing my mind back and forth about tomorrow afternoon and whether the ice will hold me. Think I'm going to have to take a look in the pm.