Oak Orchard Open - June 6th-8th

Many tournament participants received an e-mail the other day about the Orleans County Pro Am being canceled. The tournament committee in Orleans County was unable to raise enough money to be part of the Western Cup, which combined the points from Niagara and Orleans County. Therefore, we were forced to build something a small town like Pt. Breeze could sustain for future events. 

Oak Orchard Open - June 6th-8th

Tournament Committee:

Bob Songin - Reel Excitment

Mark Lewis - Devonian

Paul Czarnicki - Free Spirit

Richard Hajecki - Yankee Troller

Entries:

Oak Orchard Open - $400

Calcutta - $250

Friday Big Fish Condor Event - $100

> Calcutta and Big Fish Friday are optional

> Any team can get in on the Friday event, which will probably be the first event in the King of the Oak (KOTO) for 2014

Tournament Limit:

Each day half your box will consist of Trout, and the other half will be Salmon.

Amateurs:

Although everyone is fishing the same division the highest placing amateur team (team that doesn't hold a Captains license) will win a separate prize.

Other Info:

No Communication during the Saturday and Sunday event during fishing times, and teams must provide an observer.

25% of the field payback

More to come as details are worked out. So, check back here or head on over and 'Like' our Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/oakorchardopen

Edited by Yankee Troller

Good question Brian, thats probably something they are tossing around. Considering the time of year(warming surface temps) out of respect for the trout I would suggest no cull .

I know these guys put alot of thought into this. Keep in mind they will want to keep it "one division friendly". If culling was allowed it could be tougher for the less experienced teams. Because the AM divisions have been so poorly participated, having one nice prize for the top scoring AM is brilliant. Typically, with small fields in that division there was only one true prize. Now, the AMs can fish for the whole purse AND have their special prize. Good job, committee. 

No matter what they decide for box, 9,10, or 12, save the date Brian because this is right up your alley. I'm sure further restriction will have to be put on the Lakers but whether its one or two of those you know them by name!

I think this style of tourney is the best yet. It forces the field to be able to fish more than just kings. The escape crew is going to make a showing at this one for sure. Nice job guys.

Awesome job! Its nice to see people coming together and thinking outside the box. Strategy is always welcome and has been missed. Whats cool is to see each event play to their strengths to pull together a unique format. 2014 is shaping up to be an exciting tournament season. Let us know where we can lend a hand.<br />

<br />

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app<br />

<br />

The tournament committee in Orleans County was unable to raise enough money to be part of the Western Cup, which combined the points from Niagara and Orleans County.

Kudos for stepping up to see a tourney lives on.

Edited by Zebedee