Oak Orchard Open - June 6th-8th

Boundaries would be too difficult to enforce.  Given June can be a tough time at the Oak esp. with east winds that like to kick up....it would be nice to run to Niagara County or near the Genny to find good water.  The marina gas pumps like the additional business of no boundaries LOL.

Jason,

No reason to be sorry. I have heard this statement about boundaries from a number of fishermen. The reason Rick is if you have boundaries then everyone is fishing against the other team and not against the "boat'. All are fishing the same conditions. In rough water a lot of smaller boats cannot run 30 miles safely and some just cannot afford to do so. Not saying you should do it just letting you know what I have heard.

Overall a good job. If you need any help let us know.

I hear you Kenny, but it's a very tough rule to enforce in my opinion. I come from bass tourneys. Long runs are fun but in our world, with the speed of most of our boats, long runs cost you LOTS of fishing time. 

If you know of any potential sponsors let us know!

We have a number of particapants stepping up to support this event as sponsors over and above the entry fees that will be required to register. It would be nice to see others do the same.

They are:

Mark Lewsi - Devonian -$500

Richard Hajecki -Yankee Troller - $200

Gerry Felluca -Rebel - $200

Paul Czarnecki - Free Spirit - $200

Bob Songin - Reel Excitement - $200

• 3 months later...

Many tournament participants received an e-mail the other day about the Orleans County Pro Am being canceled. The tournament committee in Orleans County was unable to raise enough money to be part of the Western Cup, which combined the points from Niagara and Orleans County. Therefore, we were forced to build something a small town like Pt. Breeze could sustain for future events. 

Oak Orchard Open - June 6th-8th

Tournament Committee:

Bob Songin - Reel Excitment

Mark Lewis - Devonian

Paul Czarnicki - Free Spirit

Richard Hajecki - Yankee Troller

Entries:

Oak Orchard Open - $400

Calcutta - $250

Friday Big Fish Condor Event - $100

> Calcutta and Big Fish Friday are optional

> Any team can get in on the Friday event, which will probably be the first event in the King of the Oak (KOTO) for 2014

Tournament Limit:

Each day half your box will consist of Trout, and the other half will be Salmon.

Amateurs:

Although everyone is fishing the same division the highest placing amateur team (team that doesn't hold a Captains license) will win a separate prize.

Other Info:

No Communication during the Saturday and Sunday event during fishing times, and teams must provide an observer.

25% of the field payback

More to come as details are worked out. So, check back here or head on over and 'Like' our Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/oakorchardopen

on the tournament limit half trout half salmon is that any trout to include browns, steelhead and lake trout

• 2 weeks later...