blower duct starcraft islander

fathobbit0074

not sure if its right but my 89 islander has one on each to the rear front under the oil pan and from the blower one on each side of the bell house down to the rear of the block area

my starcraft holliday is set up the same way

hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 89  islander and my air duct in back of boat going into engine compartment  is all cracke d   and broken   not really sure   how it goes    anyone have a clue    thnx

I have a 89 Islander 221V and I have to hoses in the aft section that both leave from under the engine up over the batteries then along the  side to a couple of vents. I only have a blower on one of the pipes tho I think the other is to suck air in while the Air blows out

that would be correct 1 from each side vent down to the bilge and 1 to the blower and out the difference in yours and mine is the y pipe from the bilge to the blower that was added at a later date by the previous owners

good luck

Al

It does not matter which one goes where, but the original setup is with the air supply (just the hose)coming down from starboard/stern into the doghouse/bilge and the air suction with the blower attached to the wood of the transom so that it sucks the air out of the doghouse/bilge and blows it to the port side outlet.

Just take a piece out to see what diameter hose you have and go to a marine supply store to buy about 5 feet for each side.

This ventilation system is not only required by law,it can and does prevent onboard fires and explosions.

Edited by rolmops