Planner Release ID

post-154008-0-54306100-1389144580_thumb.jpgpost-154008-0-23407800-1389144597_thumb.jpgI used these planner board releases way back in the early eighty's, I really liked them, but I cant remember what they are called. Also, anyone know where I might purchase more of them? This is the only one I have left.....(Used them in the ESLO Derby years ago!)

Thanks

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

Just saw this post.  My Dad made these releases.  Unfortunately he's not making them anymore, but he may have some left.  I think he may also have some replacement rubber pads for them too.  I've replaced the pads on a lot of my releases over the years.

If you don't have any luck at B&E, email Bill Jolliff at  [email protected].  He might be able to help you out.

Chris

That's the last time I trolled... In the ESLO back in the eighty's. They were all we used on our planner Boards and they worked good.... so... that brings up my next question... what does everyone use now? 

Thanks

Paul

If I had to guess they came from your grandfather > That's all we used out this way back in the 80's :)

Thanks Hank, now I really feel old

I did get some new pads for my old releases from Bill a few years ago and am still using them.  Maybe he still has some left?

Majority of us use the off shore planer board releases our the scottys.

I run some homemade guys but have been getting more of the scottys.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218

That's the last time I trolled... In the ESLO back in the eighty's. They were all we used on our planner Boards and they worked good.... so... that brings up my next question... what does everyone use now? 

Thanks

Paul

Clippers.  They don't flip around and tangle lines when you have a released release on the tow line. 

I grew up using these. I honestly through them all out.. They were pretty dried up and iffy looking, but if you are looking for a score, the fingerlakes flee market is full of older gear and I usually see these every year.

Nick

I have at least a dozen of the old Jollies, and still use them. You can find small sheets of neoprene on the web for cheap and cut out new replacement  pads yourself.  I did cut off the big loop at the end and twisted the wire around a big coast lock snap to keep them on the planer board line... the original design would sometimes open up with a good hit, and drop the release in the lake.