Seneca south end Sun. 3-2-08

we call that bottom td specially at the moulths of creeks......... if you snaped 17 lb on seneca more than likley it was a week spot ,caused by spinning of tackle speed ,put in release wrong,knot problem,drag too tight.no need to slow down in seneca unless the fish is fouled hooked or hooked with both sets of hooks on a stickbait causing the fish to go sideways or using 10lb or smaller line.. glad you got a fishie on the rigger, just remember to double or triple check your release every time its easy to mess up with line placement for anyone ................cept me.

BLACKS AT THE BALL AND FOR SALMON I USE THE (OLDER) ROAMERS AM I SHOUTING TO LOUD ....sorry the roamers also work well on seneca when running spinnies or spoons deep to prevent false release, if ya look under photos at my CHEEP homade releases that style works good for smaller fish and down to 50ftish on the big pond for the higher stuff. some people prefer this style for everything (softer release) but when im running stackers or targeting salmon i run my roamers tight enuf that 99%of the fish that release have pulled so hard that they have a good hookset .that way i dont have to worry about rushing back to grab the rod and take a chance of spilling my beer.NOW i did say the older roamers as the newer style have a plastic trigger (area where line passes through to trip release)that can and will get a grove and pinch or weaken your line and we know the rest of that story. the older style has smooth round metal guide that last forever and dont hurt your line...like i told you before 1 trip on seneca on my tub will learn ya a lot..send me a pm with your phone number and ill let ya know when to call in sick.

i do the same....blacks on bottom...stack roamers on top.i quit looping the line thru the jaws of the roamers tho years ago. i jusy loop the line and put it thru the metal loop at bottom of roamer the same way you do the black. lot quicker and easier, don't have to worry about chewing up your line and just as effective.

I have a lot to learn I see. I've been trolling Seneca the last couple of years and a guy at work (Upgrady) introduced me to this Forum. I've been using the Canon releases at the ball as well as stackers. Usually I clamp the line straight. Are you saying that you twist the line before clamping in the release? The Canons seem to have pretty good pressure....sometimes too much. I've trolled a 1-2 lber around until pulling my lines in for the trip home before noticing him there.

lb good idea me try next time,zebe you should check your stuff every hr if yer looking to catch more fish ,maybe sooner just for the draggin part of little guys ,also big lakers will swim a long time back there some times they wont trip cause there swimmin with ya so checking stuff ..........keeps you busy,might save a little guy,or might land you a bigboy before he figures a way to spit the hook

you can twist a loop in the line anytime you want but you need to place the loop in the release with it closed or will just keep pulling out as it should when you get a release. and i agree that you need to pop your rods and check them now and then for hitchhikers especially if fishing for lakers or walleyes.

also when you first put down your rigger pay close attention to your cable angle (blowback) compare it side to side with other rigger or triangulate your angles every 5 min. to determine if you have a fish on,jst kidden on the math stuff i cant even spell it let alone do it . if you think you can see a difference in blowback angle at the same speed ,that might be a good time to pop the rigger and check .