Fish hawk x4 roof mount

Dave I have a t top but I also have a Todd storage unit installed and.there.is an accessory to mount electronics from above. My radio, GPS and my old fish hawk 840 are mounted on it. So it's a no brainer where it goes. I just can't mount it upside down like the other stuff due to the mounting bracket with the x4. <br />

<br />

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app<br />

<br />

make an "L " bracket  or maybe a "Z"   That would come down from above and go under the new mount.  It would only have to be as wide as the X-4 .  Thin Alum. would work.  You could drill the bracket to use existing holes from the 840.

make an "L " bracket  or maybe a "Z"   That would come down from above and go under the new mount.  It would only have to be as wide as the X-4 .  Thin Alum. would work.  You could drill the bracket to use existing holes from the 840.

This is how I mounted mine to my hardtop using a piece of 1/8" stainless "L", works fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Big Dave hooked me up with a great L bracket.  I installed it on my electronics drop down mount.  Works perfect.

Thanks Dave!

RR

• 1 month later...

Clamp it in a vise with a piece of 2x4 and gently thump it over with a ball peen hammer.   Use the ball end along the bend to take the stress off it.  1/8 to 3/16 alum. will bend  pretty easy.  You can get it a farm & home , lowes, home depot.  etc. 

Edited by Big Dave