Canadice/Hemlock Ice Out?

My guess would be that the lakers will be below 60 feet of water. I have found that the water this time of year will be 2 degrees warmer below 60 that is where I have found them in the past. You would be fine running your downrigger in the middle, south of the big bluff on the west side to within a half mile of the Southend. They spawn in the fall.

I would set it at 80 feet down

Good luck out there!

Chuck

Edited by laker taker

Didn't realize they were fall spawners, makes sense they are in the char family. I've caught them in keuka lake in july -august and found eggs in them. They didn't look very absorbed either. I stand corrected.

no hemlock and canadice similar, more browns in canadice and bows in hemlock, but laker patterns are largely the same in my experiences.

Where are the rainbows and browns this time of year?   All this is pretty interesting in that what I have read about fishing the first two weeks after ice out conflicts.  As a beginner it's all pretty confusing.   Fish are temp sensitive so it will be interesting to probe for temperature with the TD.

Where are the rainbows and browns this time of year? All this is pretty interesting in that what I have read about fishing the first two weeks after ice out conflicts. As a beginner it's all pretty confusing. Fish are temp sensitive so it will be interesting to probe for temperature with the TD.

Bows are in the stream for the most part, browns are usually in the warmer water chasing bait. Do you have a fish finder yet?