Conservation-Style Fishing Net

Hey all,

I've recently been made aware our rope-style fishing net does severe damage to the health of a fish prior to releasing them. I was curious if anyone knows of any nets similar to these that are sold in Canada; Frabill's website only ships to the USA. We release everything we catch and I'd like to ensure we're doing everything possible to give the fish the best survival chances possible. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bass pro has their own which are like those. I have one but I would suggest one with the bigger holes in the netting. Mine has 3/8 -1/2 " holes & the hooks get caught in it . I feel bigger holes would be better.

X2. I have a bass pro version. I h e yet to net salmon but has worked great for 5# bass and walleye. Hopefully next year it will see more lake trout and salmon due to my riggers being installed. Love the rubber coating. Even if hook gets caught it comes out pretty easy

Thanks all, I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to try Sail today and if I have no luck I'll have to take a roadie to a BassPro or order something off their website.

Edit: Went to Sail, they had exactly what I was looking for only you could not return it (even if it wasn't used) after 30 days. Seeing as the fishing season is >30 days away and we hadn't really looked elsewhere we decided to punt as we could always come back later.

Edited by afterschools

My buddy uses them all the time when we fish on his boat.  He has the smaller ones for walleye but seem to really work well.  Be sure to keep the net out of the sun they will deteriorate after a while like most plastics.