Lets see your Riggs.....

IMG_22818566399660_zpsqc7kl1xu.jpgHewesCraft 200 SeaRunner 

That is my dream boat!! I told my wife if we win the lottery, that last big one, that was one of the things I was going to purchase, every time I watch the show West Coast Angler and those guys have those King Fishers in the 24ft platform I just think wow what a fishing machine, the enclosed helm and lots of space on the deck!!! congrats to you on your purchase!!

That is my dream boat!! I told my wife if we win the lottery, that last big one, that was one of the things I was going to purchase, every time I watch the show West Coast Angler and those guys have those King Fishers in the 24ft platform I just think wow what a fishing machine, the enclosed helm and lots of space on the deck!!! congrats to you on your purchase!!

I am hooked on HewesCraft, I looked at Wooldridge/ KingFisher/ GlacierCraft and my eyes were bigger than my pocket. And decided on the 200 Searunner, I love the boat and its really nice to have a pilot house. There is so much room to mount all the electronics and anything else you want. But I feel its not my last hewes, I really like the 240 Pacific Cruiser and the 24 Alaskan Some day I will upgrade to a bigger boat. But for now I couldn't be happier.

Here is a pics of the inside during the day and at night with the dual color lights installed, I did the dual color white/red for fishing stripers at night

0907141127_zpsrwrtf3iw.jpg

0907141937_zps1kpjymau.jpg0907141934a_zpsdgkxkfhp.jpg

I am hooked on HewesCraft, I looked at Wooldridge/ KingFisher/ GlacierCraft and my eyes were bigger than my pocket. And decided on the 200 Searunner, I love the boat and its really nice to have a pilot house. There is so much room to mount all the electronics and anything else you want. But I feel its not my last hewes, I really like the 240 Pacific Cruiser and the 24 Alaskan Some day I will upgrade to a bigger boat. But for now I couldn't be happier.

Here is a pics of the inside during the day and at night with the dual color lights installed, I did the dual color white/red for fishing stripers at night

0907141127_zpsrwrtf3iw.jpg

0907141937_zps1kpjymau.jpg0907141934a_zpsdgkxkfhp.jpg

WOW. that's awesome!!!!! I see all the room you have nice deck to work with! Again congrats to you

You folks ALL have great rides !! Thanks for sharing the dream..

I have always been a, if it floats , we can fish... Well, I have to say safety wasn't always first foot forward.. I sat in many tubs feeling like the tidy bowl man..

So after joining the site, learning things and trying to understand what I felt I needed to explore the depth of a Great Lake, I took the plunge into the Daisy Mae in  May of 2014:

1989- 221- hardtop 4.3 StarCraft Islander

Upon first arrival my eyes were bigger then a kid in a candy store... After seeing many of these exact style in mexico and port Ontario, I knew I wanted it.. A quick walk aboard, walk round and sound of the V-6 it was hooked up to my truck..

Here is My first sighting:

shakedown8_zpsdcec02bf.jpg

She looks like a beauty huh.. well to me :)

After it pulled into my driveway I started the real inspection (dummy).. It needed work, floors, wiring, tires, transom issues and what not..

At that point I decided to make sure it actually ran and floats before I dump more into a piece of scrap dream..

Gosh darn, it did run and run fine on the home waters of the Mighty Hudson River.

Here is the first blood aboard the deck of the Mae:

today2_zps3d92999c.jpg

And they kept on coming !!

After that short'end season of ocean run fish I decided to get to work.. Replaced floor and corrected foam and transom issues.. Upgraded a lot of just plain old tired stuff and headed to some pretty big Adirondack Lakes to shakedown with the riggers and trolling tactics.. It turned out to be a fantastic overnight cabin cruiser !! Many a great times aboard in the north country, ah the fish became secondary..

That lasted until the call of the Lake Ontario United pulled me in..

Safety first, the right tackle, the right areas, depth, temps, it goes on and on as this site is great about.. Helping and learning..

Our first trip was flat seas, deep 300 fow and a fish , two..

mefish_zpsf9c0caf3.jpg

steel_zps8679b605.jpg

The greatest experience however was jumping off:

lake_zpsb1172cb0.jpg

This will be my sophomore season. We didn't set the world on fire with salmon, trout or steelhead but it sure was a sweet ride..

looking forward to many, many more on board my rig and having the pleasure to see all you other folks on yours :)

My story is very similar to yours Rich, having 16-18fters I thought I knew enough to purchase a boat on my own, boy o boy was I wrong after a year of repairs, motor even though I heard it run and it sounded great, the shake down test on a local lake told a whole different story, over heating within the first 10 minutes, after pulling the motor twice I finally got it but the season was to far gone. But this year my boat and I are ready to make the 250 mile trip to LakeO. You have a very nice boat and should be proud of it!!! Mine is a 1982 Sea Ray cuddy with a 350 I/O. Would like someone to do the top and curtains up there, they seem to have way better prices then around here.

jusgrinnin - that Optimax should troll down even without a trolling plate. Top end on my 135 Opti on my Whaler was 56 mph new now about 52 or so loaded down :lol:  yet I can troll at about 1.6 or so if I need to but mainly I use my 9.9 for trolling. It is especially nice to be able to use the Opti max when going against the wind when it is a bit much for the 9.9.

jusgrinnin - that Optimax should troll down even without a trolling plate. Top end on my 135 Opti on my Whaler was 56 mph new now about 52 or so loaded down :lol:  yet I can troll at about 1.6 or so if I need to but mainly I use my 9.9 for trolling. It is especially nice to be able to use the Opti max when going against the wind when it is a bit much for the 9.9.

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:  some times trolling live bait up here in the frozen tundra of NH .8 mph is real productive but can be very boooooring too!

Well, here's the rig we use when we're on the water looking for browns, salmon or whatever else.

1995 Starcraft 191V

2 electric cannons

2 planer masts

Bird 898 csi

Fish Hawk 4 (to be installed this Spring)

Boat has been renamed  after we purchased it

This video is from when we first acquired it on Henderson Harbor.  Towards the end of the video you can see that she handles the rough water really well.

Edited by Snitchols

Clogged up exhaust manifolds causing it to overheat Pap? We had that problem on one of our late 80s Sea Ray ski boats with a 4.3.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That was just one of the problems, I purchased the boat from a guy from NJ. Who only ever used the boat on Oneida, then his fishing buddy passed away and he lost interest in fishing and parked the boat in a barn all covered up for 18 years. The boat had 474hrs on the meter and everything looked great very clean, he fired her up and it ran for about 1/2hr and the oil pressure was good and the heat gauge was reading good. But the problem was the guy never put RV antifreeze in it and to make a long story short I never saw anything like it the motor rusted so bad from the inside out, all I used was the block the crank and rods and Pistons. New heads new cam, lifters, pushrods, intake, exhaust manifolds, risers, new shutters new boots both shift cables and exhaust and after two installs and removals of the engine we finally got it, ohh the thermostat housing and water pump, now she's purrs like a kitten but really hauls a$$ a couple of up grades to the ignition and camshaft and good set of aftermarket heads. I really learned a lot Via my wallet LOL but we are good to go now!!!

• 11 months later...

1996 17ft. Starcraft deep vee, rear deck area completely rebuilt to full height for lake fishing. Cold weather canvas ( done by me ), summer bimini top, Scotty electric riggers, Trax-tech tracks all around. Furuno 620 color FF with duel frequency Airmar transducer, Humminbird GPS, Raymarine auto pilot, Raymarine VHF, Depth Raider down speed and temp, Minn Kota power drive electric on the bow with auto pilot.... a sweet little multi species rig. 

Original low stern

post-139500-0-91580400-1455907468_thumb.jpg

My rebuilt to full height

post-139500-0-16271700-1455907581_thumb.jpg

post-139500-0-86118600-1455907654_thumb.jpg

post-139500-0-51296500-1455907778_thumb.jpg

Edited by J.D.