Silver lake 1/20

dmontesano

Fished southend 10-12 fow. Couldn't get anything going.a couple bites here and there. Watched the fish on camera come up to the jig bite then spit it out.even when I would set the hook really lite couldnt get a hook set. At first when I try to have a hard hook set I just pulled the jig right out of the fish mouth. Used oak leaf worms, waxworms, Niagaras, and they only hit the dyed red spikes. Sometimes your the dog , sometimes your the hydrant.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Same thing on Honeoye yesterday a whole bunch of "lip hooks" or dinks....ended up with a dozen real nice gills and a pickerel but that was it.....pssssss. ummmm what was that? Oh yeah it's tough being the hydrant :lol:

I think that the dog is permanently attached to the hydrant now by a thin, frozen yellow cable ...

And it's going to get windy tomorrow. Nice to know we have something to look forward to. I suppose it's better than worrying if you're going to fall through manhole sized drainage holes in the ice, but I sure didn't mind fishing Honeoye in short sleeves (practically) a couple weeks ago.