Ideas on easier shanty drag?

bondouley

I have a eskimo 2 man shanty. Im looking for ideas on how to make a metal frame to put my shanty on to make it easier to drag in the snow. I was on honeoye this weekend and saw a old man with a shanty on a metal frame and he was easily dragging it. Looks like way to go but not sure how to connect everything. Help?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

metal conduit....make your sled frame about a foot off the ground. And make two ski rails on the bottom. And weld together. I will post a pic of mine tomorrow when its light out. I got mine from a guy named doc (ice fishing guru)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Conduit alone works great when it's cold and the snow isn't sticky, but if you get any slush, watch out! Skis on the bottom will help lift your rig above the ice and snow rather than through it. 

Edited by Gator

If you don't have room in your vehicle for an additional conduit carrier, you can simply find some old skis and attach them to the bottom of the eskimo. I used 1" pvc pipe cut about 2" long to use as a spacer between the sled and the skis. Use some flat washers, and don't forget to countersink the screw holes in the skis.  Net result - only raises the sled 2" and does not require any more space in your vehicle. Works pretty good too.  If all else fails, do what I do, con someone like Gator to drag it out for you :)

I got a pair of downhill skis from my buddy last night. Im going to make mine before saturday I hope

my smitty sled made it 3.5' wide and 8" high. Pulls easily and effortlessly. Thanks everyone!

post-152176-13906749525483_thumb.jpg