Shed Hunting

Guppy35

Anybody been out looking for sheds yet this year?  I went for a walk yesterday for about an hour and a half and followed many fresh trails in the snow but did not find any. Of course it can be tough to spot them if they were dropped prior to the last snow storm.  I'm curious to know when you guys start looking for sheds?  I thought maybe with all the cold weather recently that there might have been some that dropped by now.

Thanks Dave.  The area i walked yesterday is fairly new to me, i hunted it for the first time this past season.  It was very helpful to me to walk it with fresh snow on the ground so that i could find out where the main trails / bedding areas were.  I think you are right though, once the snow is gone we will have a better chance of finding sheds.

Thanks for the replies, i bought a new game camera that should be arriving in the mail later this week.  My plan is to set it up on one of the known trails on my property and get a better idea of how many bucks still have their antlers.

I just pulled one of my trailcams today and one of the bucks has only one antler as of a few weeks ago. I've seen this buck on other cameras throughout the year, so there's no doubt he shed the one side and it's not a breakoff. Good luck with your shed hunting!

- Chris