Anyone fished cave run

Season opens in march down there I got muskie fever had some crazy muskie fishing dreams the other night I have a problem I've sold 3 guns and spent it all on tackle and gear and ever time I go to the mailbox and my muskie hunter mag or a Rollie and Helens catologe is in there I spend the rest of the day reading that

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fished there for four days about 10 years ago in april. Water was pretty cold with no weed growth. I contacted a decent number of fish,mostly lazy slow follows. I hooked one fish that i lost at the boat. All the fish i saw were back up in coves and creek arms. After that trip i figured i would try again in may some time. Never been back,though,once it's may why drive12 hours to fish?

I fished there twice one year a while ago...second year of the PMTT I think.  I never hired a guide, but know most of them down there.  Check out Tony Grant, Greg Thomas, and Crash/Justin Mullins.  They all usually have pretty good spring time deals. I think Tony Grant also has rooms for rent.  Greg Thomas is full of all kinds of muskie fishing knowledge. Pretty sure all those guys will be at the Ohio Muskie Show in Columbus this weekend, but you would probably just spend more money.

Also, I might be wrong, but I don't think there are any seasons or laws of any kind really in KY.  It's Kentucky.  I know for sure it's unlimited rods down there...a guy could troll 12 rods by himself if he wanted to...just like WV.

Pretty lake with lots of standing timber.  Good spring fishing, but doesn't suit my style personally.  I guess that's why I never went back.

Edited by Ivan

With this years colder outside temps then normal the ice melt off will be later this year there.Generally the water levels can get very high and totaly brown on years with late melting and run off into Cave Run.You are much better off going in May, but you can go to smaller lakes in Pa or Ohio that are closer drive and catch just as many muskies, bigger ones as well.I would go to Clearfork, Saltfork or Leesville in Ohio the first week of May.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Kind of hard to predict what may happen with weather this spring. Sure it's cold now, but that doesn't mean it won't be 80 degrees in March like it was two years ago. I've been fishing for pre-spawn muskies in OH for alot of years, pretty successfully, and we usually start around the end of March. April is usually the best month for pre-spawn pigs in PA and OH. If you want to fish Cave Run and get rid of the cabin fever, don't wait until May. Larry is right though....water levels at the Cave can be challenging in the spring. PA and OH can be tough to find a guide though. If you want to catch some early OH muskies, look up Terry Nespeca on Facebook. Maybe Todd Young in PA, but I'm not sure how much spring fishing he does. Red Childress gets some nice pre-spawn muskies on the middle Allegheny River...that's much closer for you also.