Canandaguia lake

bshanggi

I wonder what is happening at the south end? Those guys are pretty quiet down there in terms of info. How far did you go out at the north end (i.e. how many ft. of water?) I'm hoping that guys bubbler screws up this year at Butler Road so we can have some decent ice to get out in that area. :)

Geez.....kinda surprising that they weren't out in the 20 plus range (the bigger ones) over there east. They can be perplexing :)  but then again there is a lot of water...those little @#$%@#'s can be anywhere :lol:  I've been fishing Honeoye waiting for it to freeze up here so hopefully they will turn on here and it will be a good year.....getting kinda low on perch in the freezer.

I just checked out the west side from Wyffels Road north and I couldn't see any places for access right now because the areas near shore are pretty much broken up ice and open water ( a lot from bubblers) so you can't get to good ice from there (e.g. Butler Road ). I could see where someone had been out from Butler fairly recently but now the near shore ice is broken up there. This south wind is breaking up the southern edge of the ice shelf and who knows what things will look like after days of this. There were three huts out from the Yacht Club but I couldn't see where they launched from and there was open water along the shore there. There were also three ice boats cruising the north end in front of Kershaw out quite a ways. On the east side at the pull-off area a few miles up the lake the ice was pretty "sketchy" and the end of the southern edge of the shelf was right out in front in about 15 or20 ft of water with open water there. I could see water moving within a crack in the ice near shore so it doesn't look "ready" yet anyway

Edited by Sk8man

I fished Honeoye yesterday so I haven't been back to check. There were guys launching their ice boats from the north end pier (where you tie up boats across from the ice cream place) yesterday before I left for Honeoye and I saw one guy in his hut out about 4 hundred yards out and to the left of that channel (the one to Sagers).

Cool! Man...what a difference a couple days makes with this temp...it was all broken up with open water day before yesterday. Was the bubbler operating?

I think they may be over on the east side off the pull off area out fairly deep (about 26-30) if you can get out that far. It was open water and the edge of the shelf about there when I checked a couple days ago.

I'm hoping to get to Keuka soon too. I haven't heard anything but I know there have been a lot of folks out on the ice lately but the south wind can really cut back that ice quickly at the north end. I also heard that they have been ice fishing at the Hammondsport end....

Depends on where on north end.  If going out from the Kershaw Park area (long walk to "perchville")  the lot next to the bathhouse. If the area around Squaw Island park near the pier. If going from the east side the pull off area  a couple miles up the lake on the east side. The best place is from one of the cottages on the east side if you know someone who lives there :)  unfortunately I don't.