Wow!

Gill-T

No, he means anyone who would have the "gall" to actually own a gun to use as our forefathers did, to hunt and to protect ones own life and the life of family, not too mention collectively against the possibility of a tyrannical government. He also meant anyone who would voluntarily live an independant lifestyle in a rural area. 

Don't be fooled by any license decreases, it's all pandering for future votes without any real concern of the realities of the programs he's already cut despite being some of the truly profitable ones in the State. Doesn't make any sense to cut licenses a couple bucks but yet let the DEC operate short staffed. 

He (Cuomo) doesn't care about moderate vs. extreme...only opinions that differ from his own or those other loser legislators downstate. He is on a total power trip....I don't agree with everything so-called "extremists" say or believe but last time I checked this was America and they had the right to their own beliefs and the right to speak about them. Emperor Cuomo doesn't think the Constitution (state or federal) applies to anything other than his own belief system. His statement was irresponsible and inappropriate for a sitting Governor to make.

Edited by Sk8man

For those of you that think the second amendment doesn't affect you.  Think about the guaranteed rights you do care about because after the 2nd amendment is gone they will pick another one off (one that does affect you) but you won't have any means to push back by then.  INDEPENDENT

Enjoy your free ice cream.

No, he means anyone who would have the "gall" to actually own a gun to use as our forefathers did, to hunt and to protect ones own life and the life of family, not too mention collectively against the possibility of a tyrannical government. He also meant anyone who would voluntarily live an independant lifestyle in a rural area. 

Don't be fooled by any license decreases, it's all pandering for future votes without any real concern of the realities of the programs he's already cut despite being some of the truly profitable ones in the State. Doesn't make any sense to cut licenses a couple bucks but yet let the DEC operate short staffed. 

What he really means has nothing to do with guns or second amendment rights.

He means to get re-elected and he can count very well. There are a lot more voters who are centrist to left leaning in this state than there are centrist to right leaning ones. And like any good capitalist he goes where the most profit(votes that is) is to be had.

One very good tactic is to attack the unpopular opinions of minorities,mostly because the angry reactions produce extra  votes for him.

Thank you for proving my point.

I love you too

What can I say, some of us were granted the ability to think on our own and have the courage to fight for the future of the country we love. And others are content with being spoonfed whatever bs and lies that make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside. If it were left to people like you, we would still be singing "God Save The Queen"

I understand the context in which the statement was made, however, the answer gave a little insight into the mind of Cuomo, and as an Independent voter.....I was offended.  Like he said we are a state of "moderates" and yet his statements are as far left as you can get.

If he was worried about gridlock in Albany before the statement, how the hell is he going to get anything passed now??? Idiot statement. The other day I got a nice surprise to the tune of a $1660.00 bill because the state owes the federal government for extending unemployment benefits. The state is bankrupt so business owners have to bail out the state. I didn't lay anybody off during the recession. The multi-billion dollar corporations that gave out the pink slips and then sit on a mountain of cash refusing to hire anyone should get the bill as an incentive to hire. I used to hear my elders bad mouth the state growing up and I didn't understand why.....I loved growing up here. I now understand the cause of the angst.

One of the primary things that made this country great is the capacity for independent thinking and coupled with the concept of free speech it is what has separated us from the "baboons" of the world and the "lemmings" that blindly follow off the edge of the cliff (e.g. the Germans in WWII). Now we have a large segment of our society in march step with Emperor Cuomo here in NYS and at the federal level with the the "Great Pretender to the Throne"

My observations of what is going on Statewide or Nationwide are whether you subscribe to jumping on the "teat", and becoming just another following blindly. There are alot of similarities between the 2 respective leaders, and none of them are good.

You see it Vince. Nothing that is currently trending in the liberal utopia of govt is good. The proof is in the FACTS that the complacent media fails to report on. Rising energy prices, rate of inflation, historic national debt, percentage of jobless Americans, growing wealth of sitting congressman, corporate welfare, etc. The FACT that with the numerous scandals, the excuse "I didn't know about it" is an acceptable response. Still no jobs, still no acceptable healthcare. Still NOBODY HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

WOW:  With things as bad as most of you guys claim..I'm surprised any of you are still living in the United States...Maybe another country will take u in, Complete with all your weapons of self defense and tons of ammo just in case..I wouldn't blame ya one bit..

3 feathers you are quite the "agitator" which is something that is common in small minded folks who pretend to have all the answers.

Actually Sk8man, if u check through the forum you'll find Sk8man has an answer for everything posted,,Most of your comments are great and very helpful..But you the one slinging agitator coments around more than me..You supported the losing political group..means one thing where I come from, majority rules..But u keep slinging words around like communist government for one...Country being run by baboons....If so bad why u still here...lake O gets more fish stocked than any place on the east coast, license gets reduced..Still not happy..Tough figure...

"A fear of weapons is a sign of emotional and sexual immaturity" - Sigmund Freud. He was a nut but at the time was well respected in his field. It just amazes me that we as a nation have allowed this disease of progressive liberalism to bully it's way into power. At a time when we should be concerned with jobs, debt, energy, and illegal immigration, we instead focus on gay marriage, legalizing pot, global warming, and taking away or forced registration of guns. And sheeple still think this is not a problem. Now before u libs jump on me for my comment, I actually support gays seeking equal rights as married couples, however it is not a marriage. A marriage is only between a man and a woman but if one is to choose to be gay they should be able to receive the same financial benefits as those who get married. I also support marijuana legalization as a means to generate taxes, help overcrowding of prisons, and treat MANY illnesses, or medical conditions naturally instead of popping another pill. Global warming is just a crock that got Al Gore and a bunch of investors rich. With that said, all of this should have been addressed after our economy was fixed, debt was reduced, jobs were created, domestic energy increased, and illegal immigration punished. Make no mistake, we are where we are because it fits into the agenda of the elites. The Tea Party and independents are the last fighting population to restore the America that flourished for 200 years.

DONT TREAD ON ME!!

post-151421-13906707025457_thumb.jpg

Rolmops and 3feathers - keep drinking the koolaid and follow that herd of sheep. You must enjoy that tread pattern being branded on your faces. This country is full of FREE Americans who will not stand idle while elitists force widespread regulation and restriction on our FREE lives. You both are the minority on this Forum and are strangely proud of it. Do yourself a favor and stop now before you eliminate any possibility of us fine like-minded LOU American fisherman and hunters from responding to your inquiries/questions going forward. I know I for one, do not associate with people like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

DONT TREAD ON ME!!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1390670701.423063.jpg

Rolmops and 3feathers - keep drinking the koolaid and follow that herd of sheep. You must enjoy that tread pattern being branded on your faces. This country is full of FREE Americans who will not stand idle while elitists force widespread regulation and restriction on our FREE lives. You both are the minority on this Forum and are strangely proud of it. Do yourself a favor and stop now before you eliminate any possibility of us fine like-minded LOU American fisherman and hunters from responding to your inquiries/questions going forward. I know I for one, do not associate with people like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well said fleet. However I will welcome any INTELLIGENT discussions from my liberal counterparts as I do on my Facebook page. Believe it or not, there are some smart Democrats out there that are not happy with the current progressives and their vote hangs on the notion that the Democratic Party was once representative of the working man. My grandfather whom I fish with all summer, and is seen in most of my pics as the beneficiary of the larger fish is one and it makes for interesting conversation when the fishing is slow.

But if you bring no validity or intelligence to the table, it just angers me.

Rolmops and I have been down the left/right road before as well as alot of others. He definitely wishes he lived in Denmark. Lol. But I will say he fights a fair fight as crazy as I feel his views are.

This other lib I dont know. The only place worse to live other than NJ is NY in terms of politics.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app