Enclosure

Chas0218

I just purchased the raymarine auto pilot with the p70r and it looks like it can only be mounted in dash so I made an enclosure for my electronics. What do you all think? I do have a front cover to cover them when they aren't in use.

20140125_200652_zpshgntcil7.jpg

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218

Sweet Chas! You could even "velcro" just a face cover on it without having to deal with a full cover if the seams of the housing itself are sealed.

Sweet Chas! You could even "velcro" just a face cover on it without having to deal with a full cover if the seams of the housing itself are sealed.

Thats a great idea and would be much easier than fashioning a face to it. My other thought was to buy a set of covers for my depthfinder and gps.

Nice to see the ingenuity of the less than rich...makes it fun for me. Good work.

I dont like to buy things like this if I know I can make it. I actually enjoy building things with my hands, you should see the ice fishing sled I made out of an old set of downhill skis.

Best part is next year when I buy a new fish finder I just have to un bolt the old and cut out a new face and bolt her back in.

Thanks guys!

Sent from the awesomeness of Chas!

Edited by Chas0218