Great deals at the LOTSA show.

Has Been

Well run show w/ a lot of nice displays & vendors. I could have spent a fortune there if I let myself. Got some good deals on some stuff I needed. Best was the ATOMIC flies I thought. There were about 100 people in line when I got there about 9:45

Was a little crowded but thats how it goes.

Yes, the Lotsa Flea was interesting and there were a few bargains one of which I took advantage of and one which I missed.   A slightly larger room or more spread out would have been better but all in all a nicely run event.  I wish it was in Rochester to save driving :yawn:

I'm looking forward to FLTA Watkins Glen!

So glad the LOTSA show was there because the rest of the Expo was a bit disappointing. I do like to drink but when a whole aisle is taken up by wineries and booze makers it didn't seem to be a "fishing" expo. Although the wife did manage to buy a bunch of non-fishing stuff !!! I thought the LOTSA show was great and I got a couple spoons I've been looking for and a great deal on a couple of reels. Nice job LOTSA.

First time for LOTSA - great show, rest of the show - waste of time. The bigger venue sounded great but the sportsman show looked more like some kind of temporary shopping mall (everything from Bathfitters to crappy food). The LOTSA room was upbeat, fun and everybody was talking to everybody else - Thanks

Yeah Bob even parted with a few of those dust ridden greenbacks from his wallet....I don't know why the people around him were surprised when he opened his wallet and the bat flew out :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

LOTSA show was great the rest not so much. The river jet boat was interesting. Especially as it wAs equipped with rod holders (in case anyone missed that). The guy said they are going to attempt to fish below the falls! Now that will be cool. Was great to see people walking the streets of Niagara Falls, doubt the streets have seen that much activity since...,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The main room this year was a little disappointing, but that's to be expected.  This was the first time the event organizers had ever attempted to put something of that scale on and they were a little overwhelmed at times, plus they got it up and running a little too late in the season to book many of the big names in the fishing and tackle industry for this year.  Quite a few of our vendors were in the main room on Friday and Saturday and moved their displays into the LOTSA Marketplace for Sunday.  That's why there were so many empty booths on the main floor yesterday.  That and I don't really think the Bass University really fits in with most of the fishermen in our area.  It would probably be a huge draw down south, but up our way, there are far more Trout, Salmon and Walleye fishermen than there are Bass fishermen.  Now that they have this one under their belt, I expect next year to be greatly improved in the main room. 

We've been running the LOTSA Expo for quite a few years now and have kind of worked all the kinks out on our end.  I admit I was a little apprehensive at the start about making the move, but I think this will be a very good show in the coming years.

Tim

Edited by Tim Bromund

Great way to spend a crappy weekend.  Picked up some flies, spoons, a rod, some amish outfitters stuff, saw some old friends and met some new ones.  Also sat in on the Salmon school on Saturday and even my fiance said the day went fast.  Dan and Dave did a great job and I have to thank LOTSA for putting the event together. 

It was also nice to put some faces to people I consider friends but have never actually met.  I'll be there next year and plan on getting in line a little earlier...we were in the same line at 9.45.

Thanks LOTSA.

Great show.... Blood Run sold out of their wire really fast, was looking to score a good price on some of their 7 strand to change a few more dipsys over to wire.  Picked up some flies, spoons, and a used line counter reel.  With a new drag kit from tuna tom it'll be like brand new for under $50.  Now all we gotta do is get through these next few months of weather.

I did sat school with dan keating   it was great learned a lot    got some new tactics to throw at stubborn fish .   I only had sat  so I hit the show during breaks   and drove back to Binghamton  after class       I picked up some nice ugly stick trolling rods   and some torp divers  to try out    my only disappointment was I couldn't get my free atomic fly   cause atoimk people didn't come until sun    was sunday show that much bigger than sat? 

Gets more and more difficult for the sponsors to get the bigger vendors that would fill the"other room" It was their first year, the venue is excellent, the parking is convenient and accessible etc, all things that help make a show. If they start now and get it in on the first round of calendars and vendors schedules when they are booking next year the main part of the event will fill in. LOTSA did a great job this year making the move.

Thanks to the LOTSA staff for their great job through the years, def an event to give any other event a run for their money and at such a great cause with aid for our pen projects !!!! SO IMPORTANT !!! Thanks to absolutely everyone who came and saw us at our booth and we apologize for the few hi-cups we incurred due to trying to cater to a bunch of you at once.

THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL

Was great chatting "KINGS" and we appreciate your following

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

A-TOM-MIK Tom

Yes, the Lotsa Flea was interesting and there were a few bargains one of which I took advantage of and one which I missed.   A slightly larger room or more spread out would have been better but all in all a nicely run event.  I wish it was in Rochester to save driving :yawn:

I'm looking forward to FLTA Watkins Glen!

When is this event and where is it?

Thanks!

When is this event and where is it?

Thanks!

The Elosta sale is March 15th and the Flta sale is in Watkins Glen the last Sunday of March.   Look down in the fingerlakes section there is a thread there,

Great show awesome deals but even better people. Sometimes at sales events where deals are this good people go a little crazy but not here. The venders helped us out big time with info the one even put rings and hooks on are spoon blanks while describing the rigging he uses. Thank you all ! Jeff