Good Times

Juan234

Uncool. Drinking & Boating is a REAL problem on the lake, apparently YOU are part of the problem, not the solution.

I agree alcohol and boats are a major problem!!! Absolute bulls#!t

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It might be an issue I agree. My point is, do not directly attack one individual directly. I would assume we are all adults here. There is also an issue of careless boat handling from someone who has no experience in navigating a boat too.

I must admit guilt.

Sometimes, trolling 10 miles off shore at 2.9 mph I will uncork one and slowly slurp it up.I don't think that I am the only guilty one on this board.

That would be Sam Adams Boston lager or Octoberfest.

Edited by rolmops

Bass holes are the real problem on the lakes. No edict on the water. Over powered boat over powered ego. They must be trying to compensate for something they lack in size. A beer or two in my book is fine. Of course self control goes along ways. Let's all be safe and realize other people are trying to enjoy them selfs as you are.

Meatman jr.

First post I read was a first time poster who joined that day.  Doesn't warrant a response.  But I will respond to some later comments.  I never drink out on the water.  I stopped that early on, but until i quit drinking altogether 2 years ago... I use to get a nice craft beer for the ride home.  I called it road soda.  I would be falling asleep driving until I stopped and picked it up - then I was fine.  Now I use caffeine and temper but those b-vitamins worked a lot better.  I didn't tie it on, I just drove home.  For those of you who do not know the difference, my sincere apologies... 

Difference is those who appreciate the taste of what they are drinking vs. Those that don't care what they are drinking as long as the end result is annihilation. I'm a newcomer to the Salmonoid game, but a veteran of the booze game. Have a degree in hotel/bar management... managed, opened, and was a patron at many Rochester area bars. Bottom line, u booze Anderson cruise... You lose. I used to get paid to make friends and gain customers. Awesome job, in my early 20's.... now, well, not so much. I appreciate a nice buzz as much as the next guy. Sinatra said, "I feel bad for the man that doesn't drink. When he wakes up in the the morning, it's the best he is ever gonna feel." Well, I constitute the validity of this statement by the man interpreting it. To each his own: we all know our limits, we all know the law. I love tying one on in the right place and time. And I love knowing there will be no repercussions for it cuz I was legit in every aspect.

Fact: just realized I'm rambling pointlessly.I just got done cleaning up snow drift on driveways I plow. Honestly, I'm at a bar and just ordered some wings. I will be enjoying a beverage or two, going home to get in bed, and fish the genny in the morning. Don't be a twat. Be responsible. And if u gonna post something like that, say u had a DD... rabble babble out.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I see some people don't havea sense of humor. Some of you guys need to lighten up. All my buddies and I enjoy a couple cold ones on those hot and cold days. It's called moderation, sometimes in a long day of trolling we would each kill a 6 pack. None of us would be plastered not even buzzed. We drink for the taste not too get drunk.

Sent from my thinking car!

I'm not a lake guy, yet... but I would definitely be lying if I said I've never passed a flask trib side. I would also be lying if I said I was never offered to hit a bowl (I don't smoke, I'm a drinker). Now, we all definitely share a love of the outdoors... and I'm sure a love for a few ways to enhance the experience. Well, to each his own. Some things better left assumed and unsaid. Especially pictures.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app