I don't fish that area but where I fish Tackle wise any deep diving prism with black or blue back works well along with yozuri crystal minnows in prism perch, Smithwick rattling rogues silver with blue back and silver with black back.

Speed you want around 2 mph on gps and be around 30' is water sometimes they like it shallower or deeper but not more than an 8' difference. Look for shoals to fish on the edges and over the tops. Generally I will run the boat so 1 set of planer boards run across the top and the other set along the deeper edge.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Is there any walleye fisherman out there that would fish in mexico bay area? If so can you help i was thinking. you dont here alot about it often, in that aera that is why i was wondering but i fish that whole aera little salmon to the salmon .and was wondering if people have a ny luck on this topic. please help if you can,it is my dream one day to catch a 10 pounder,have an 8 pounder but not from this aera

If you want a 10lber head up to black river, chaumont, or guffins bays around the open of season. Or head to the oswego river area. You're chances will be increased greatly. I've heard of eyes being caught around mexico but not in the numbers of the other places mentioned.

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

How about in the sodus / fairthaven area?  Anyone chase them around there with any regularity? We picked up a 9 pounder last year trolling for salmon when the temp was all out of whack with warm water inshore.  It hit a wonderbread stinger as a slider on a 100 ft rigger.  We were surprised to say the least. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Walleye anglers are notorious for being absolutely silent when it comes to finding big eyes.  Ontario has the giants for sure, but there are easier places to find and target big eyes.  Conesus and Otisco both have big walleye and both are small lakes and finding the walleye is much easier....of course catching them is another matter.  Otisco isn't that far from mexico...try it sometime when you get blown off Ontario...there is plenty of info in the walleye section about fishing otisco...We are having a LOU walleye get together/ tourney at Otisco july 19th.  This would be a great place to meet other guys and learn.

justin 

Lake Ontario Walleye fisherman are like "gold" diggers they spend lots of time and money on fuel, because these fish are so nomadic. You need to know where to start and their migration habits. So once you find them there not there for long, and on the chase you go again, depending on what launch you go out of it could be lots of miles everyday, which in return cost lots$$ at the pump. There are only a few areas that they hang for say a good month & half before the major population heads into Canadian waters. All this starts when spring brown season starts, (mother nature decides that) some guys pick up walleyes while brown fishing, don't kid yourself they will mark that area, come 1st Sat. of May they got a grip on where they are. A good starting spot is the  Black River Bay there are always walleyes in that area I caught them up to June in that area. Weather permitting South/west wind Start at the last bouy out the cannel and drift up through with a bottom bouncer and a spinner harnesses change color if nothing happens. Try on the outside of the bouys & try to find waters that aren't being used Try a drift sock, lots of the time very slow is the ticket, the longer you bait is in their face the better your chances are. During the week is better. Then you can run inline boards or big boards to get your lures away from the boat. # 1 thing with the walleye is be as stealthy as possible long fluro. leaders in the 10 to 12# range and be as quiet as possible, I don't mean talking, Motor wise dropping your anchor on the floor ect. This should get you a good start, and keep this info you caught fish on and progress from there. They are out there, this isn't Erie don't expect to pick up a limit every time out, it takes time patients and a lot of fuel. Hope this helps!! PAP> One thing I keep in mind that BSmaster says is when you finally catch a walleye it's like biting into a peppermint patty sooo true!!

Edited by pap

The Genesee River has a large population of Walleyes throughout May.You can fish all night off the Summerville pier or troll for them.  People catch them by the dozens in all weather conditions.  Just remember the walleyes in the Genesee River taste like how the river smells.  

Yes I have caught walleyes in Sodus in May and June, but there are more in other places.

I have also heard that after May goes by that two large schools of walleyes set up in Lake Ontario in front of Rochester.  The die hard wallleye anglers out there are targeting them.  Virtually everyone who is looking at their boats just assume that they are salmon fishing.