tekota600LC & blue diamond rod ?

After hearing how good the economy is doing last night I have decided to do some spending wanting to do it right the first time. I am thinking of buying Tekota 600LC with Blue diamond BDC862 MA and some 7 strand wire for dipsy set ups.

I have been reading posts for the last 2 weeks and thinking of going this way before I do it can I get some input from the experienced . thanks in advance

I run the blue diamond roller rods and love them.  I have heard good things about the regular diver rods too.  I would go with a Daiwa Saltist 30 over a Tekota.  The Saltist drag is super smooth and adjusts a better than the Tekota. 

After hearing how good the economy is doing last night I have decided to do some spending wanting to do it right the first time. I am thinking of buying Tekota 600LC with Blue diamond BDC862 MA and some 7 strand wire for dipsy set ups.

I have been reading posts for the last 2 weeks and thinking of going this way before I do it can I get some input from the experienced . thanks in advance

Been running the same two Tekota 600's with wire for about 9 or 10 years now without any complaints.

They have taken many big kings and still going strong.

Also have an older set of the Blue Diamond roller rods and a set of Tolara roller rods and I prefer the Shimano Tolaras over the Okumas for Kings.

Either way you will be happy.

Good luck with your purchase.

IMO the stock drags suck on the Tekota.  Really sticky!  You'll want to upgrade them.  Other than that and the slower retrieve they are nice reels.  I did have the window fall out of the linecounter on my 600LC after 2 seasons.  On the other hand~the placement of the linecounter on the Saltist is annoying.  I run wire on Daiwa sealine 47LC.

IMO the stock drags suck on the Tekota.  Really sticky!  You'll want to upgrade them.  Other than that and the slower retrieve they are nice reels.  I did have the window fall out of the linecounter on my 600LC after 2 seasons.  On the other hand~the placement of the linecounter on the Saltist is annoying.  I run wire on Daiwa sealine 47LC.

Sounds like you need to do some maintenance on those Tekotas.

Absolutely no reason for sticky drags on those 600's other than neglect.

At least on the 16 I own anyway.

All with the original drag washers. No upgrades.

Probably just need to grease the drag washers.They are a wet drag system.

Counter window I can't help you with as I never had that problem.

Good luck.

Literally thousands of kings on the 600lc Shimano reels over a decade of use with no issues except you do need to clean and regrease the drags every other year or so. There are also aftermarket drag kits available for 9.00 or so from Tuna Tom's and they are silky smooth as well as basically maintenance free.

My experience with higher gear ratio reels is that they require a bit more effort to reel in do to the higher gear ratios.