Port Departure Clarification - Triple Crown Events

I have a question that arises because I will be spending the summer in Henderson Harbor, which is in Jefferson County.  To my knowledge, the 3 triple crown events in the past have not included Jefferson County, not sure why?  I want to be clear on the rules so I can plan accordingly. 

If memory serves me correct, the rules state something like you must depart and return from only ports in  (Oswego & Cayuga) counties?   Is that correct does that mean Henderson is not an accepted port to depart from in the am? 

I understand reasons for county/ port limitations, I just want to be clear on all my options and I think Henderson area is the only port to speak of on lake O in Jefferson, and guys run over from Mexico and Oswego to fish Henderson all the time.  A whole bunch of us ran over to Henderson from Mexico & Oswego to fish the A-Tom-Mik Challenge last summer...I was one of them., but we departed from Oswego County.

It is what it is, I'm just looking to open up the subject for clarification so I can determine if I can reasonably fish these 3 events or not? 

Thanks! 

Rod,

The Oswego challenge is Oswego, Wayne and Cayuga I believe. LSRC is Jefferson, Oswego, and Wayne I believe, or Cayuga. Fhc was Oswego, and Wayne I believe. I am sure Tom and it Werner will correct me if there is changes.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...