got the green light

The Meyers point lift project is a go..... so here's the sales pitch. for the price of three lures or a fraction of the price of your next "ahh SH#T" that happens in shallow water, WE the fishing community can put this project in. I personally feel that this is a small price to pay for the freedom I enjoy in this country! those individuals that have given so much for that freedom can use some help. This project will only help a few but it's a start. I'm sure there are people out there that are asking "what's in it for me" my answer is nothing. Those that are asking what I'm getting out of this the answer is the same, nothing , except for a wonderful feeling that I get when a Vet says "thank you for caring"! I have taken several out on the water with me and the worst part of the day is getting them in and out of the boat, this project is the answer. SO the next time a fishing catalog or flyer comes to your door, I hope you get a guilty feeling, that is, unless you helped with this project!! once again make your check payable to "in benefit of M.P.L.P." send to Roland Conner 145 Herrickville road Wyalusing, PA. 18853 GOD bless, Rollie

I would be very interested as my father, my best friend. We worked side by side for 25 years as business partners in a F&F starter & alt. Never had a big blow out we worked together like well oiled machines. He passed away 5 years ago and was a Korean War Vet. and proud of it, I will help as far money and later a boat to take out Vets. I wont have my boat up until the first week in May. I can trailer to where ever, as I'm based at the Black River Camp Grounds. If you want PM. me and I'll give you my cell# as to what to expect.

There are several posts on this but basically it is a project to lift the disabled Down into a waiting boat, it will also be able to lift and set a kayak down on to the water. It will be permanently placed at the Meyers Point. boat launch and open to the public . If you can please help Us to help them!

Rollie you could look into a fund raising website too, they can be pretty effective.  Search for that term and there are lots of options.  GoFundMe, CrowdRise, Fundly, and plenty more.  It makes it very easy to donate.  It's great you're moving right along!  :yes:

I hear you, mentioned it because I know people are more likely to donate the easier it is, and you have a link that's easy to share around. Whether it's worth it or not I can't say.

I know someone who used giveforward.com and raised over 30K for a medical emergency, they had a lot of good things to say about them.  Forgot the name earlier but that's a good one.  Still charge fees though.  At least a PayPal account like reapagan suggested, that still makes it pretty simple to donate from the computer.  

The way things are going with my knees I may need this eventually so I'll be donating one way or another, still have a checkbook gathering dust I can use if need be! 

Edited by hermit

• 2 weeks later...

I used Give Forward when my best friend (my dog Buddy) got hit by a truck.  We successfully raised $3300 and saved his life.  They take a small % but its a great way to raise money. 

Edited by vogel451