storage of dodgers and flashers and dipsys

BAITNH

I use Black Tip lure bag.  They have 6 big pockets and role up tight, secured by a Velcro strip, with a grab handle to carry them.

Here's a link to one supplier:

http://www.foreandaftmarine.com/BT-BGDF0522.htm

In each pocket of my bags you will find a dipsey, flasher/SD and selected fly. I have 4 pouches, so 24 setups ready to go. I match the patterns (colors) for what I find works, and so all we have to do is take them out of the pocket and quick connect them to the rod.

This really helps cut down on non-fishing time, and is especially important during tournament fishing.

The quality is really good as well.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Tackle-Binder-or-Replacement-Pages/product/37107/

My dodgers and lake trolls live in one of these, but 10"x12".

More like this one.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Plano_Guide_Series_Worm_Bag_4610_/descpage-PGW461050.html

Edited by cappyduane

• 2 weeks later...

Markbillio, Is the number for bag mayde 052 instead of 0522? lIKED THE LOOKS OF SET UP FOR DIVERS FLASHER AND FLY BUT WANTED TO KNOW IF THIS WAS THE ONE?

I went back to the main menu and selected the 052 model. It takes you back to the 0522 screen, so maybe they're the same?

All I know is that they are about 16" wide and about 3 ft long when rolled out.  Here's a picture of my four bags with the tackle inside.

PouchesDipseyFlashers_zpsbd790ac4.jpg

now that's what Im looking to do I just got mine in from Amish outfitters. I want to match the fly with the flasher not the diver. I will get another 6 or so divers going to try the ones from Torpedo and the ones the line goes right thru. I have to say what a great group of fishermen you guys are willing to help others get the addiction.

I went back to the main menu and selected the 052 model. It takes you back to the 0522 screen, so maybe they're the same?

All I know is that they are about 16" wide and about 3 ft long when rolled out.  Here's a picture of my four bags with the tackle inside.

PouchesDipseyFlashers_zpsbd790ac4.jpg

Cool!!  That's some organization!!

Thanks guys.  It took many hours (believe it or not) to carefully go through all the colors I had and match up the dipsey, flasher and bait in a color pattern that works. I have some experimental sets in the mix, but most are tried and tested (successfully) combinations.  Each particular pouch represents a target depth. I have my shallow water setups (up to around 30 ft deep), mid depth setups (30 - 60ft deep), and deep setups (more than 60 ft deep).  I also have a "favorites pouch" - one on the very right side.  Sorting by depth is helpful, as there are colors that work better at certain temperatures and others that don't work at all in a certain range.  So really the sorting is more by colors that work at each given range of depth.  When it's hot and we are fishing deeper, everything is ready to go. When the fish are shallow, all set again.

Thanks guys.  It took many hours (believe it or not) to carefully go through all the colors I had and match up the dipsey, flasher and bait in a color pattern that works. I have some experimental sets in the mix, but most are tried and tested (successfully) combinations.  Each particular pouch represents a target depth. I have my shallow water setups (up to around 30 ft deep), mid depth setups (30 - 60ft deep), and deep setups (more than 60 ft deep).  I also have a "favorites pouch" - one on the very right side.  Sorting by depth is helpful, as there are colors that work better at certain temperatures and others that don't work at all in a certain range.  So really the sorting is more by colors that work at each given range of depth.  When it's hot and we are fishing deeper, everything is ready to go. When the fish are shallow, all set again.

It sounds like you have success, but I'd argue that the myriad of Dipsy colors and combinations you have has caught the fisherman rather than the fish. For me - I have one, and only one, type of Dipsy  - black and I use it with all my flasher/fly combinations by simply connecting the flasher to the Dipsy (I own only three black Dipsy divers). I'd also argue that many of my personal flasher/fly patterns are more governed by ambient light (sunny vs. overcast day) rather than depth (the only exception typically to this rule is my C***y B***h flasher/fly which seems to work best higher in the water column.

I store my flasher/flies in a DW flasher file by wrapping the fly around the paddle and storing them together as a package. The plastic boxes are very durable and the hooks can't puncture anything.

Good luck -

That's nothing shy of amazing!! I believe that took a lot of time and cuts down on time unwinding $hit and untangling everything and your organized it depth also --- COOL nice job!!!

Hey momay, I would agree that the simpler the better. But I can assure you these combos as shown are very popular. For instance the purple combo in the right pouch was a killer in 2012.thqt froggy pattern was amazing in 2012 and 2013. The Carmel dolphin pattern put the biggest fish in our box in an April tourney. Hawg Wild was incredible in 2011 and good in 2012. I can go on, but have admitted some patterns are experimental, I'd say around 30%. For those we change the combo until they either work or go up for sale. Lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up two of the large flasher pouches from Amish Outfitters.  They look rugged and can easily fit 2 8" flasher combos in each pocket if you wanted to do that.  Will have to wait and see how they work out on the boat, but I am happy so far.  Now I just have to figure out how I want to organize them??

Hey there

Markbellino those are awesome

but they dont sell outside  U S

you know a place where they would sell these to canada

i looked at amish even owned some for spoons and dipsy from them

but they dont hold the ones you showed

it would save me alot of quality fishing time

thefrenchman

• 2 months later...

post-144884-0-73191800-1402323455_thumb.jpganybody seen these? have been looking for one for a while. Saw this one on a friends boat and he thought he bought from Amish Outfitters a few years ago, but I can't find it. It works awesome and hangs out of the way.