Few pics from this year so far

Iron Duke

Been hitting up a few local lakes and secret spots this year and having been doing awesome even better since I picked up my MarCum flasher .. Anyone who doesn't have one I suggest you give one a try they have increased my catch rate by at least 50 percent or better... Cant wait to get back out there... Weather is looking great for this weekend....Good luck guys

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-13912018022374_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13912018174565_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13912018371245_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13912018498158_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13912018657809_thumb.jpg

When your fishing with flashers you can basically watch the fish come in to your lure and set the hook as the to lines meet on the flasher.. Pretty cool!! Also saves a ton of time just have some one cutting holes and follow that person checking the holes with the flasher until you find some active fish.... Where I'm fishing you cant see more than 5-6 feet down so flasher has come in very handy....

Mike

I have a Marcum Vx1 which is a entry level flasher... The deepest I've fished is about 40 fow but have read many threads online of guys fishing deep with it no problem.... If I was gonna fish deep I would have went with the lx5 model which has a dual been transducer 9 and 20 degree you can switch between depending on shallow or deep water fishing.... If you get one and use it a few times you won't leave home without it ever again... lol

Mike

Its was a nice one but not the biggest I have brought in through the ice....Have caught a bunch of smallies this year that were pushing 4.5 pounds... Here's another pic of a nice bass a buddy caught this year..

post-148405-13916037522565_thumb.jpg

WTG Mike. Just an FYI but they don't always hit when the lines meet :)  The trick is to time it right so that when they meet you are looking at your line and rod tip rather than the flasher screen....takes some practice and "willpower" :lol:  The "lookers but not biters" will drive you nuts....Les

No they dont but you can usually tell active feeding fish from just lookers from how they approach your lure .... If you drop your lure down and you see a fish instantly come of bottom 9 times out of 10 he's taking it...

Mike

Yup the couple pickerel I got the other day did exactly that and there was no doubt they were going to take it like you mentioned....the flashers do add a whole cool dimension to ice fishing don't they?