Canandaigua perch fishing 1-31-14

Sk8man

I was out on the east side yesterday across from Butler Rd, and we got 3 dinks, moved around a little 18-25ft, didnt go past 25 as there is a weird looking area that I walked near and as I got closer it took one hit with the spud and went through. Talked to another guy who got 5 in shallower maybe 10-15 ft but then nothing so he was moving around a bit. A few other guys out further north but not sure how they were doing. Had to leave at 130 but heard the afternoon bit was better. Ice was a good 8" except for weird looking area (ie no deep snow on it just had a dusting). Didnt see anyone off butler rd that I could tell from the east side.

Edited by dukhnter8

I've fished it with Admiral Byrd in the past when the lake froze and caught browns there out from the creek on tip-ups with fatheads....drops off very rapidly out there. Not much structure and often a lot of debris and leaves on the bottom. I've even caught mud puppies there off the aluminum dock in very late Fall :)

Yesterday the east side sucked for perch ....fished all day in the cold and between two of us caught 7 keeper perch and one pickerel....didn't even see any "dinks" and fished from12 -21 ft. (about 30 holes drilled looking for action).