Salmon Slam and 1K a Day update

With the early  bird deadline come and gone its possible that we could be fielding the largest ever field of boats in this years event. Only time will tell as we are still waiting on a few stragglers. 

February brings early bird deadlines for the 1K a Day and the Salmon Slam. What does this mean? Well currently we are planning prize structure to obviously the largest Salmon each day of the 1 K a Day and a payback of between 10 and 15% percent of the field in the Salmon Slam depending on entries. Your early bird entry could earn you additional prize structure (cash for your second place fish ) or three hundred bucks in the Salmon Slam early bird drawing. 

Still not enough? Obviously we have some of the most reputable companies in the fishing industry supporting these events. Your early entry also gets your team a ticket to win prizes from these sponsors on their respected day. At this time we are still sorting things out and you can expect an announcement soon on which day is what. What I can tell you these will be some really cool items just think big. Additionally its fair to say we continue to add sponsors weekly so the pot grow as do your opportunities.  

The 1 K a Day and the Salmon Slam are for everyone. Running the week before the WHI and along side the LOC they create tremendous opportunity to win some serious cash. You could even find yourself on the big stage at the Wilson Harbor Invitational accepting your award. From weekend warrior to professional angler these are equal opportunity events all it takes is one big one or in the case of the Salmon Slam Seven good ones. 

Since Ive had a few questions I figured id answer a few. First off "how does your entry work".......Well its easy your entry covers the boat not the person or the people in it. In our case we wanted to make it simple for the charter guys to fish and an added bonus for their customers. Bottom line if your weighing a fish it had better come from the boat you registered or no dice. Secondly "do I have to fish all seven days in the salmon slam?" Hell no after a long cold winter who would want to fish seven days straight? In all reality you have to weigh 7 by weeks end. So 2 one day 5 the next 1 each day even 7 in the same day the name of the game is strategy. Its not likely that even the weather will hold out for seven days so don't you either. Lastly  "where can I fish" a simple answer is anywhere on the open waters of Lake Ontario. Catch it in oswego if you like but there will only be weigh stations in Wilson and Olcott currently. We are looking into expanding that list in the future but as of now its just the two. In all reality though thanks to technology the leader (1 K a Day) will be posted, tweeted, facebooked, instagramed, and texted. Even if you are halfway down the lake whats a 2 hour drive for a $1000 bucks. Still further why are you halfway down the lake when everyone one knows this is the place to be each spring?

Long Story short stop over to www.wilsonharborinvitational.com and register. Take a chance with a $100 or $300 because hey ya never know? Continue to expect bigger and better as there is great energy on Lady O in 2014. Wilson, Oak Orchard, Sodus and Oswego all represent opportunity learn,grow,fish see you on the water. Oh and if you have a question feel free to call me 716-863-1001. Rather not? Try Yankee, Vinny, Tall Tails Brian or Prime Time Pete  

Dave we are drawing in front of everyone at the banquet. It was brought to my attention last year that several threw their $200 in for the chance to win a grand. Of those two one opted out of the tourney one paid very late. This way we are keeping everyone honest and in the event they opt out we can draw another name. Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app