Owasco 2-1-14

Luke510

Took the drive from Rochester to Auburn to fish Owasco today.  It finally froze up and we couldn't wait to get to Ensinore for some deep water lake trout fishing.  Had a great day, iced 15 by 10 am with them all coming from 90 to 150 FOW.  Sounded like everyone was doing well.  Poked around for perch but couldn't find any. Safe ice (5-8") everywhere I went but you never get used to Mother Nature's cracking and groaning when you're over the deep water.  I had a newbie go by just as the ice cracked and I thought I was going to have to carry him off the ice.  Ensinore should have good ice for a few days.  Driving home it looked like people were spread out all over the north end.

Took the drive from Rochester to Auburn to fish Owasco today.  It finally froze up and we couldn't wait to get to Ensinore for some deep water lake trout fishing.  Had a great day, iced 15 by 10 am with them all coming from 90 to 150 FOW.  Sounded like everyone was doing well.  Poked around for perch but couldn't find any. Safe ice (5-8") everywhere I went but you never get used to Mother Nature's cracking and groaning when you're over the deep water.  I had a newbie go by just as the ice cracked and I thought I was going to have to carry him off the ice.  Ensinore should have good ice for a few days.  Driving home it looked like people were spread out all over the north end.

Way to go Greg. :) .