best combo on a dipsy diver

BAITNH

I've thought about trying the slide divers.  I couldn't find anything on their website about a mag.  Then i thought you could use the regular size and add one of those diver diggers that Capt John King sells.  They are a 10 oz lead plate you add to a dipsey or slide diver for added depth.  One thing that worries me is reeling mono through a twilli tip.  I remember hearing somebody mentioning they experienced some break-offs from this.  Sharp edges or something inside the twilli?

http://www.michiganangler.com/2013_New_Tackle.htm

Do you still get the off to the side direction if this 10oz. plate is used or is that aspect lost?

Answered my own question, just google  Diver diggers & a u tube video comes up.

Edited by lineman49

Yeah jusgrinnin that is a reality in life , you don't get anything for free in life. If Matthew wants to plug his products here he should have to pay an ad fee. That's what keeps this site running. It is a business for the creator.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yeah jusgrinnin that is a reality in life , you don't get anything for free in life. If Matthew wants to plug his products here he should have to pay an ad fee. That's what keeps this site running. It is a business for the creator.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Point taken.

Here it is guys...Borrowed from GLA

This setup allows you to run any lead behind the diver. It takes 2 offshore clips. The front is a standard clip and the rear clip has a pin (OR16).When you "trip the diver" the front clip simply detaches and the rear clip stays on the line.

IMGP3690_zps3d79fd16.jpg

Gotcha! If i ran slide divers i was planning on running a 40 ft mono leader off the wire. So, i would be winding the mono through the twilli. Not sure how i feel about that. :/

I haven't noticed a problem. I run 30# instead of 40# like you are planning.

Here it is guys...Borrowed from GLA

This setup allows you to run any lead behind the diver. It takes 2 offshore clips. The front is a standard clip and the rear clip has a pin (OR16).When you "trip the diver" the front clip simply detaches and the rear clip stays on the line.

IMGP3690_zps3d79fd16.jpg

That's a good idea...but i wonder if your wire line gets kinked from the front release being pulled off.  i can't imagine it probably trips real great if you have to pull it in to change presentations.   

Lots of drag in the water also.

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would have to agree with these two gentlemen that the drag and potential damage to 19 strand wire would be have to pretty bad.

- Chris

If your going to go through all the trouble why not run a torpedo and be done with it. If you want it away from the boat run it off the boards. I can run 2 at least lead cores and torpedo's off my boards simple and proven.