Walleye LOU all get together

justtracytrolling

If this is okay that's great, I have a mattress that goes in the back of my truck.  Don't even bother with tents anymore.

I can't speak for the campground but I can't see a problem, I rented a cabin and you are more than welcome to stay with us. It sleeps 6 and at the most will have 4 guys. I rented it for Friday and Saturday night, and as far as the boat  thing we will work something out don't sweat it!! PAP.

Edited by pap

I can't speak for the campground but I can't see a problem, I rented a cabin and you are more than welcome to stay with us. It sleeps 6 and at the most will have 4 guys. I rented it for Friday and Saturday night, and as far as the boat  thing we will work something out don't sweat it!! PAP.

The fishermans cabins do sleep 6, but that assumes 2 on the futon, 2 in a double bed, and 2 bunk beds. Just wanted to make sure you guys know the layout. I was up there today and they are remodeling the bathrooms.

justin

OK, this is starting to look like fun!

First off iI have to thank you otisco guys for all the helpfull info you post. You turned me onto the snap weight method and trolling styles that paid off for us over here.

We fish walleye year round but I love night fishing in the summer, trolling, casting, mostly in I. Bay and the river ( Rochester) but Otisco has always been on my bucket list so.........we're in!

Back to the ice though for now, fish on!

//dEv-0///post-147894-0-13858900-1393166651_thumb.jpg

Looks like we have an event!  Interest seems to be growing and Im inclined to cap the event to 15-20 boats.  We have about 15 boats interested as of right now!  Id like to get an idea of how many guys are committed 100% weather permitting, and whether they have campsite or are they commuting.  There is still tons of time, but as soon as we get 20 boats committed we will close to new entries.  Id love to include more boats but Otisco isn't big, I want things to go smoothly, and Id like everybody to get a chance to meet each other and talk fishing.  There is so much we can all learn from each other!  

justin

Looks like we have an event!  Interest seems to be growing and Im inclined to cap the event to 15-20 boats.  We have about 15 boats interested as of right now!  Id like to get an idea of how many guys are committed 100% weather permitting, and whether they have campsite or are they commuting.  There is still tons of time, but as soon as we get 20 boats committed we will close to new entries.  Id love to include more boats but Otisco isn't big, I want things to go smoothly, and Id like everybody to get a chance to meet each other and talk fishing.  There is so much we can all learn from each other!  

justin

I'm 100% committed rain, snow, sleet, or shine.

Edited by pap

Justin 20 boats sounds good for the cut off, and I personally think we will see 20 boats and if we do a $20 per boat the purse would be $400.00 and that would be a nice chunk of change maybe we could come up with 3 ways to win the money, just a suggestion or just 2 ways the most walleye and the heaviest, either way it very possible that the same group could win the whole purse, or switch it up that the same person can't win all the money, to me it doesn't matter. I'm there, for this will be my first event period, I always avoided these type of events before as I thought I would never have a chance with all the veterans on lakeO and salmon fishing. I'm more interested in putting faces to names and sharing info with fellow walleye fisherman/ladies, this will be a great event!! cant wait. PAP  AWSOME job JT people will remember this get together for a long time and maybe we can turn this into a annual event? Thanks again for trying one more time, to try to pull this off. You/we did it!!

Im thinking with 20 boats we could do 3-4 places heaviest fish, but ONLY 1 fish weighed per boat.  I didn't think it was fair to let 1 boat win it all, or most walleye because to me its about trying to catch 1 big fish...obviously we'll be keeping more than 1 if possible.  If it only takes 1 big fish to win every boat is in the hunt right up to weigh in as long as they have lines in the water.  Its not really a numbers lake...if you catch a 3 fish limit that's good and more than that in a morning is a banner day.  I think 6 walleye landed and a few drops is the best morning Ive had.   I will have some prizes for any child who lands a walleye, so as we get closer Id like a count on kids that are fishing.  There are still a few guys out there that I haven't heard from that I know have an interest in the lake.  This is an excellent opportunity to learn about walleye trolling on Otisco. 

justin  

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to do it as well, just not sure about the date yet.  Also something to think about, If for someone couldn't fish they could still show up for the weigh in and party right? Like you said, its more about meeting and putting names to the LOU faces! That way we could meet as many people as possible and not overwhelm the lake with traffic.  Possibly even jump in for a night troll if someone had an open spot on board.  Just a thought?

Absolutely Dennis, if anybody wants to stop for the weigh in and cookout we have a huge pavillion, lots of room, and Im sure there will be plenty of food!  If you are interested I can put you down as in, and if things change and you cant fish let me know and Ill open the spot back up, but if you wait to sign up we will be full.  I wish we didnt have to cap the event, but Otisco isnt big.  I realize things come up, which is why Im not collecting money till day of the event.   

justin

We're in. We won't be staying over since its only 45 minutes or so from home but I have never been on Otisco so I am looking forward to fishing a new lake.  Hopefully we can find a fish or two!  Can't wait for some water to thaw out around here!

Alright guys I thought Id make a list of everyone who has expressed their interest in the event.  If anyone has something come up let me know and Ill remove you from the list. We are at 19 boats! 

1  - justtracytrolling

2  - rnsurfnturf

3  - pap

4  - pete rajner

5  - miss em

6  - nautitroller

7  - sluggo

8  - sluggo

9  - sk8man

10- final flight

11- ducks517

12- 315angler