Walleye LOU all get together

justtracytrolling

I talked to a very nice lady at the Otisco Campground yesterday, I got a fisherman's cabin and a slip for Friday night and Saturday night and if no one wants our cabin Sunday we will stay Sunday also. She did tell me to tell the guys that are participating in this event to book ASAP!! as they book early and a lot of them for the year, just a heads up to the LOU Otisco walleye fisherman!!  PAP.

There is only 6 cabins, 6 tent sites, and 2 nonseasonal rv sites....Pap has 1 cabin...im seasonal now so i wont be taking up any sites, but anyone interested should reserve early...i slept in our envoy in the parking lot or under the stars on my boat 3 weekends last year! Campsites and cabins are setup for at least 6 people, so its possible 2 groups could split a site, and i could prob put up a group if necessary. Obviously not everyone will be camping, but if you are thinking of it reserve a site!

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I talked to a very nice lady at the Otisco Campground yesterday, I got a fisherman's cabin and a slip for Friday night and Saturday night and if no one wants our cabin Sunday we will stay Sunday also. She did tell me to tell the guys that are participating in this event to book ASAP!! as they book early and a lot of them for the year, just a heads up to the LOU Otisco walleye fisherman!!  PAP.

our cabin sleeps six, so if anyone wants to bunk with us you can, I think we will have room for at least 2 if your interested.

I've tentatively got four of us and two boats coming. Not sure yet about staying over as it's not a long drive, but I'm going to try to talk the others into making a weekend of it. I realize we've got to book soon to get a cabin, but two of my guys are out of town right now. Looking forward to this... Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Well we are up to 7-10 boats! The more the merrier, but Id say we have a enough for a great day already. If any members are shore guys dont be afraid to chime in...I know I can make room for someone, and there might be a few other guys that need a partner or have room for a 3rd or 4th. Its all about getting together, and making new fishing friends.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sounds like its gonna be a good turnout! looking forward to it....

Ive got an outdoor fishfryer, turkey frier, etc.....

Im local so I can bring my stuff to keep yall from having to longhaul that kind of stuff!

I have a menu suggestion:

surf

turf :yes:

That would be great rnsurfnturf, that would save me some trouble of having to haul that up. Do you have the oil & temp gauge for the oil, if not it's no problem for me to bring my digital one. Thanks PAP.

That would be great rnsurfnturf, that would save me some trouble of having to haul that up. Do you have the oil & temp gauge for the oil, if not it's no problem for me to bring my digital one. Thanks PAP.

I have the POS gauge that came with the fryer (BP model).

Probably your digital gauge would be much nicer.

I have "overshot" oil temp a couple times due to the slow reaction of the gauge and the inexperience in me.

I have the POS gauge that came with the fryer (BP model).

Probably your digital gauge would be much nicer.

I have "overshot" oil temp a couple times due to the slow reaction of the gauge and the inexperience in me.

YEA< that's why I mentioned the digital, no problem will bring it along. I use it a lot mostly in smoke house as I make a lot of jerky for other guys, they seem to like my recipe, when I get up there I tell you the secret :lol: I use propane for heat but I have an old pot belly stove outside for the smoke. the Temp is critical and the digital tells me right away as it goes in 1or2 degree's one way or the other so I can correct what's happening asap. PAP. OH DO YOU have the peanut oil???

No I don't have the peanut oil but I'm sure I can find some before July.... :lol:

Don't worry about it I buy it at Sams or BJ's by the five gallon can, I'll just bring a gallon along.

Edited by pap

interested in fishing this derby but have never been to Otisco lake. could someone give a physical address for the launch. will be running up rt.81 from Binghamton so a exit number would be helpful also. not sure if the launch is at the south end or the north end of the lake, how is this launch, should I bring the the 17 ft. boat or the 21 ft.

Otisco lake Campground and Marina 1544 otisco valley road

Marietta 13110

315 636 9925

Take the preble exit

Its 10 miles off 81

Its 60 miles from Binghamton

The launch is on the south end and is plenty deep. Id take the 21'

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app