Anyone have thoughts on Glow, Extended glow finishes on lures, etc?

I think there may some confusion here about UV light and that emitted by phosphorescent or fluorescent paint and they are very different wavelengths of light than UV and are within our range of sight and probably that of fresh water fishes especially in terms of brightness factors. The UV light is used to charge the glowing additives to the paint on the lures so they make the patterns on the lures appear brighter to fish and are more readily seen by them. It is not the actual UV light that comes from the lures that we see it is the difference in brightness/contrast of the paint additives after charging. Most of the phosphorescent or fluorescent  paint (or undercoatings) additives can be charged by natural sunlight, fluorescent, "black lights" or incandescent light sources but the effect (brightness) on the older zinc based additives doesn't last as long as the UV charging process on newer lures with UV enhanced coatings (additives).

Edited by Sk8man

CSI to locate that puppy urine jimB, :) Great idea 

any "day light" sunny or overcast days have UV , lower levels of UV on a overcast day. 

Any artificial UV light from Flashlight, black light, halogen etc. used to enhance the glow will work anytime of day if that is the glow effect you want from your lure.

In my opinion no need to charge in daylight!  and you can control how much brightness for night fishing by charging your lures before heading out to your spot.  The extended glow lures will last for hours with a good amount of glow if you play with timing and preferred glow brightness.  

Or if your fishing in the dark with regular glow lures just keep charging them every 15 mins.

Experiment at home and be ready for the season.

I red a quote once " if it don't glow it don't go "   I personally and this is me.... use glow lures about 80% of the time but not 100% of the time. No extra charge in day light..

Just sharing info and trying to feed my hunger to learn more.

Thanks 

good explanation SK8man.

Anyone else have good input not covered they would like share on this topic before I get accused of beating it to death. :)

I may have missed it, but did anyone mention glowing colors? Mist glow lures glow only in the color green or white/green.

MOONSHINE'S glow in many different colors from a bright green (Bad Toad) to a subtle purple (Purple Nurple, Bish's Bruiser). Deadly red glow (Bloody Nose, TNT) that allows a fisherman to offer deep fish that hot color. Orange glow (Tangerine Tiger) for high sliders. Blue glow (Ratchet Jaw)and yellow glow (Leopard).

If you want to tone down the glow go to the RV series and pick your pleasure. I would recommend the Crabface RV or the Watermelon RV (yes it glows in green an pink)!

When it comes to glow there is only one. (Bias added)

Glow works. Out fish chrome and tape three to one before 9am and all day when its overcast. Worrior hot glows rock. I found them at wny expo five years ago. All i run anymore. NK, dreamweaver. If you find a good one you might as well buy three. Because the first good salmon is gonna bend it or your paints comin off. Im getting off subject. Glow rocks!!!