Important ice fishing tip....DON'T.....

Sk8man

Try to balance your jig box with an open lid on your knee while changing jigs :lol: I can't even imagine what it would have been like with a foot of snow on the ice....luckily it was bare.

post-145411-0-52680400-1391599183_thumb.jpg

Dont set your brand new unused s-cable for your vexilar flasher on your lap to get something out of your pocket and then forget about it. Only to stand up 10 minutes later and watch a perfect swish into your 8 inch hole and then proceed to watch your S cable on your vexilar swim to the bottom just like a bluegill you just released.!

Oh....and did I mention my reading glasses that went down the hole at the same time? :lol:  Hey Tim I have an extra one of those S-cables someplace here if you need it.... :)

I have a Samsung phone in Sodus Bay off Leroy island from a few years ago sitting ion the shanty, talking while bringing in a fish and it slipped off my shoulder, caught it, bobbled it then went straight down the hole. watched the light fade out into the deep :thinking:

Oh....and did I mention my reading glasses that went down the hole at the same time? :lol:  Hey Tim I have an extra one of those S-cables someplace here if you need it.... :)

Thanks les....as cheap as they are I will swallow the purchase of another one because of my stupidity!

BTW , all of those jigs were packed into that little vex box? WOW!

How about in the past years I have dropped 3 hand held gps's 2 out of my pocket & one on the bottom of my seat. My wife said are u that stupid !  she bought me a linyard to attach it to my coat. lol  The last one was my makita rechargable flash light ! I think that a 10" hole is too big! need a 2" lol By the way I ice fish amlost every day from Dec 1st til April 1st. 

Donated my phone to chaumont bay last saturday, that's second time I've done that...pliers and sunglasses are a couple other items I seem to remember taking the plunge

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When i was younger i was on a fishing trip with my family (Memorial Day weekend).  I caught a small bluegill that had swallowed the hook and I had spent a good 5 minutes trying to get the hook loose with a new pair of pliers.  FINALLY got the hook out and as i was shaking my head in disgust, i tossed the pliers overboard and continued holding the fish....OOPS!

While using your folding ice hut (like my Yukon) during a snow storm, DON'T... forget to shake the excess water off the top of it before you fold it down for transport. Once in my haste to leave the ice after using the buddy heater in there all day, I folded it down only to find the next day when I wanted to unfold it in the cold wind....well it was frozen in the folded position ...for a long time...needless to say I was very cold and pizzed at my dumb mistake.

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Don't let a friend TIGHTEN the drag on your downrigger when it becomes snagged on the bottom off Nine mile and get there just in time to watch it rip off the mounting bracket and go for a swim! :doh: :doh:

I have 2.

Don't let your arms get tired using an ice spud, and just let it drop into the hole you are chipping away at. At some point, it breaks through, slips

right out of your grasp, and plants itself in the mud 5 feet down. About 10 inches deeper than you can plunge your arm in after it.

DON'T decide in your younger years it would be a good idea while fishing for catfish at night(without lights) to clip your car keys to the last eye on your rod so

they would "jingle" when you have a hit.

Eventually, when you go to cast your rig again, the eye finally breaks off, and you hear two distinct "plunks" in the water 50 yards out. Your rig, and your car

keys.

Thought of another.  Sitting next to a buddy who is on the phone with his wife and a big perch hits! He yells "HOLY S&*), as he yells, his phone falls off his shoulder and in the hole and we watch it spiral to the bottom.  10 seconds later my phone rings with a terrified screaming wife on the other end :lol:   She heard him yell, then the phone splash and a gurgling sound as the phone sank.  Apparently it lasted a few seconds before it died.  After I convinced her he was still TOPSIDE it was really pretty :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok, not an ice fishing accident ... but I think it still counts.

I was thinking of changing one of my trolling setups, so I got my favorite dipsey out, connected it to an awesome looking spin doctor and fly, all while my first mate was reeling in the rod I wanted to change.  He took off the tackle originally on the rod, and I turned around to do something.  Turned back to drop the new rig into the water.  Threw it overboard grabbed the rod to let it out, but there was no pull.  I watched as all that tackle sank out of site, as between the two of us we each though the other had connected it to the wire line. It was like throwing a $50 bill into the water.  Awesome!