Keuka lake access

dmontesano

Unless you know someone with a cottage along the shoreline there is little public access. At the north (PennYan) end most people go onto the ice at Indian Pines Park (a mile or so out of town Route 54A on your left...there is an ice cream place near the turn - follow the winding road to the pavilion area.  I don't know whether the Branchport arm is frozen it often isn't but if so you can park at Keuka State Park (also just off 54A). At the Hammondsport end the parking was very limited last time I went in the past. Maybe near the motel?

Maybe someone who has been there recently can pipe in.....but I wouldn't hold your breath as the parking there has always been "coveted" :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

don't have much to add about access, but i can report that the Penn Yan and Branchport arms are frozen, and people are venturing out for lakers. One person told me the ice was 8 inches thick on the Penn yan side, out in the middle. Still, not sure I would trust it not to have thinner spots here or there..

I was out on it last week on the Penn Yan end and there are some places where it is 10-12 inches (probably more now) The problem is the distance to the deeper water on the Penn Yan arm (measured in miles not feet) :)  The Branchport arm is a different matter.....quick deep water access) if the State Park has been plowed....