Best mapping chip for Lake Ontario?

Beyond Upstate

I'm looking into a chip for my lowrance HDS 5 which I use solely for navigation. Hoping to get some good suggestions on most detailed chip, I fish the eastern end of the lake. Right now I'm seeing two options of navionics fish'n chip, and navionics platinum + marine 648P Lake Ontario. Does anyone currently run either of these, or better yet, anyone have experience with both? Is there another chip other than these two that you prefer?

I appreciate the help, thank you for reading.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

You have a third option which in my opinion is your best if you want detail and that is the Navionics plus chip.

If you currently have a chip you can also buy the Navionics updates chip and that would save you $80 +/-

The plus and updates would give you identical data you just save some money because you already have a chip. They give you the ability to turn on the "fish n chip" layer on your hds and would give greater data.

With the plus and updates card you buy a blank card and go to Navionics.com and download the map sets for the area you are interested in. If you don't want to download anything then the 901 chip will work for you to.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United