Slide diver set up?

DJ 17

I am thinking about setting up one or two slide diver rods.  I fish on both Ontario and the finger lakes so i would like something that isn't over kill for the FLX but adequate for Ontario.  What are you guys currently running for rod/reel/line set ups?  Or suggestions of what you would get for this purpose?

DJ717,  I take it you fish for trout?  I fish nothing but walleye but still pull salmon and browns at times with this setup either at Ontario or Erie with slide divers. I use walleye signature series rods from Bass Pro in 8' length with Daiwa lc27 reel and  Power Pro 30# main line and a 10' hi seas flourocarbon leader. Run Spoons, crawler Harnesses and shallow stickbaits and all my divers are Black, seem to have best luck with this color, clear is my second choice. I fish Cayuga lake in april just waiting for walleye season to open and catch lots of salmon & Browns with same set ups as I use for  walleye.   Hope this helps

I use the slide diver lite bites on Cayuga, 8'3 uglystick lite rods,, sg 47 lca reels with 12 mono, Berkley big game Green. Two rods set up that way. I use the same rods reels in the spring for Browns out of Mexico. Except 10# mono, same Berkley big game green.