Anybody ice fish duck lake..?

jameson1

It's not all it's quacked up to be. Sorry, couldn't resist. Never fished. I often wonder about some of these smaller bodies of water. Year's ago my father and I used too fish this pond near a gypsum mind in Oakfield. It was a gold mine. Then folks ruined it... got posted.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'd figures it would be a gold mine in the winter to be able to fish spots the weeds are down.. we catch everything there in the spring an summer all the way till fall.. really nice bass, muskies, bowfin, perch, crappie,sunfish.. an nobody fishes it.. we love the lake its like we have our own private lake when we are there most of the time.. I would think it would be just is hot w ice but better... have you ice fished it before...?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well panFisher..lol never made it out to duck lake.. my snowmobile was stuck out on Cayuga lake over night w my pull string broke an the recoil spring popped out.. didn't get it off the ice till about 2 in the afternoon then I got my SUV stuck after.. let's just say it was not a good weekend

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I tried it about 8 years ago.  The ice was real sketchy (when all the other lakes around were safe)!  Their must be a lot of gas wells or sewage gas or something.  The ice would be ok for a few feet then rotten/slushy white ice a few feet away.  I remember i was jigging a hole and i could poke the sides of the hole out with the tip of my jigging rod.  We didn't catch anything and their was a couple other guys that tried it for the first time and got skunked too.  I'd bring a spud if you try it!